Long queue times

It’s nice having instant queues as killer all day lately but still doesn’t change the fact for 1 thing. Toxic survivors, the reason why I still hardly play and won’t until something with the meta changes. I’m glad that fellow killer mains didn’t bluff about not playing killer anymore. I don’t blame you either, I can only stomach a few games until I get that nasty team.

Comments

  • So longer queue times = insurance you don't get toxic survivors? I don't get this post.

  • @Iliketoplaykiller said:

    It’s nice having instant queues as killer all day lately but still doesn’t change the fact for 1 thing. Toxic survivors, the reason why I still hardly play and won’t until something with the meta changes. I’m glad that fellow killer mains didn’t bluff about not playing killer anymore. I don’t blame you either, I can only stomach a few games until I get that nasty team.

    I don't play to much dbd lately but when I do its like 2 killer games and I'm over it.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    So longer queue times = insurance you don't get toxic survivors? I don't get this post.

    No loner queue times = people are not happy with current state of game IMO.

  • @Iliketoplaykiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645452#Comment_2645452

    No loner queue times = people are not happy with current state of game IMO.

    Not necessarily. Could be too many players on one side queuing, MMR looking for a 'more fair match', etc. I haven't had long queue times on either side for a while now.

  • Im the same lately i dont play killer and when i open the game i go and play survivor. All that because of boon my last killer game was on the ptb. I hope the can do something about boon and the hold w meta but the way the dev see it i think they believe the meta is fine

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645461#Comment_2645461

    Not necessarily. Could be too many players on one side queuing, MMR looking for a 'more fair match', etc. I haven't had long queue times on either side for a while now.

    I seriously doubt that with the wide ranges of match making I had this last week. It went from getting survivors with 3k+ hours to baby survivors with barely 50 hours in the game.

    I don’t doubt the queue times for you but I seriously doubt the “more fair matches”.

  • I also think that the long queue times I've noticed when playing survivor (which I only do with my friends on rare occassion) compared to instant pops as killer have a lot to do with the fact that killers are tired of the game being so stacked against them right now.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645461#Comment_2645461

    Not necessarily...

    If a game is dying it will have a long queue times cause it can't find people. In that case people are clearly unhappy with the game because they aren't playing it.

    If there is an imbalance in the population there will be long queue times. Survivor for me is usually longer than killer and i think that means there are more survivors than killers which is fine. During the hellraiser chapter killer queue times were longer but that's because it only brought one new killer. Boon totems are out now so it has shifted to survivor.

    Wouldnt that be a red flag to a lot of developers with a big community swing. It’s almost like something isn’t busted at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645504#Comment_2645504

    Balance aside it makes sense that killer is less played. Survivors can play with their friends, are third person and is generally just more fun to most people.

    Yea but for how long are we going to ignore that killer is unfun for a lot of us in its current state.

    with the new patch coming it’s not going to change anything for killers other than slugging is going to be dead and we’re going to be right back at long survivor queues.

  • If they want more killers they need M&K support like HALO: Infinite has mouse and keyboard. Then rebalance. If not I don't care. With Halo Infinite and Elden Ring I'm good for 6 months to a year easily. Well, they also need better anti-cheat and security too. So forget this game for 6 months or more because no way will they do it in less than that! By then we all might be onto VHS or something else as well.