The Entity in the Bloodweb is NOT random
There are four perks in my Bloodweb. I want two of them. I pick the first one. there is a 66% chance the Entity does not take the other perk I want. It takes it. I quit the game and restart. I pick the first one. The Entity takes the other. I restart. I try picking the other one first. The Entity takes the first one.
I'm on my 8th attempt. Eight times in a row, the Entity has successfully gotten the 33% chance and blocked me. ๐ค
Comments
The entity takes the most expensive perks first and it seems to prefer teachables over generic perks. Those are my observations. You are definitely correct that it is not random.
I've given up after the 15th try. ๐
Who ever claimed it was random? there is a algorythm how it picks, and you can use that to your advantage just as well.
I believe a mod said it was completely random in the past.
It's not random, you can reliably get what you want if you understand its logic.
Know you can buy 4 nodes before the Entity appears, unless you get a perk. To help get your second perk, buy the 2 nodes that lead to your first perk, then buy the 2 leading to a perk you don't want. When you buy your first perk, it's almost guaranteed the Entity will get the perk you're closer to get, which is the one you don't want. This gives you enough "time" to get the second perk you want.
I've noticed something similar to this, once the Entity takes something I want and then, erm, the game crashes, I can reload and get the Entity to choose different things as long as I choose a different path. I think it tries to guess what you want.