Why do indoor maps exist?

They aren't fun, and they always HEAVILY favor survivors.

Outdoor maps feel somewhat balanced between killers and survivors. Even maps that are mostly outdoors but have indoor sections feel more reasonable.

This isn't even mentioning how they can weaken certain killer powers, and even make some borderline unusable. The only killers which serve to benefit from indoor maps are teleporting killers and God knows nurse doesn't need even more going for her. Killers like Hillbilly, Leatherface, Pig, Shape, and Ghostface are borderline unusable on indoor maps. You may as well just not use your power at all on indoor maps because they're probably gonna hinder you more than help you.


Hillbilly is probably the worst of the killers on indoor maps. He loses all of the mobility he normally has on outdoor maps, and you will NEVER land a hit with your chainsaw because of how much indoor maps make you turn.


Leatherface has the same issues as Hillbilly, but to a lesser extent.


Pig, Shape, and Ghost face lose most of their abilities to stalk and surprise survivors because there are walls everywhere. You can't see a survivor without being in the same room as them, and at that point they'll know you're there.


This has gotten especially bad recently. At least maps like The Game have large rooms. But the most recent maps are just glorified mazes. I should not be wandering around a map trying to figure out how to get somewhere. I should just be able to go there.


Do any survivor mains have issues with indoor maps too? I'd like to hear your perspectives on this.

Comments

  • I'm a Pig main who plays a decent bit of Ghost Face and Shape, and I flatly disagree with your assessment of indoor maps. Honestly, indoors is where these killers shine. Knowing the tileset can make ambush tactics a breeze, even when the survivors are just as good at routing as you.

  • I mean, some people like indoor maps... I personally enjoy RPD and Midwich (occasionally... and mostly only as Pyramid Head, haha). I wouldn't mind if they deleted Haddonfield, however.