How to use Hag's Mint Rag UR.

This add on is quite odd to use due to the 15 second cooldown. Here is how I play with this add on and how this add on functions. 

Warning. You are about to read a wall of text.

Things to know.

1. When you teleport to a activated trap, the cooldown does not start. The cooldown is only after teleporting to a untripped trap.

2. When you teleport to a untripped trap, you will be facing the same way you were when you teleported. This disorients some hag players as they are expecting to be facing the survivor if you are in a chase. You will still face the direction the phantasm is facing if it is triggered 

3. If you are looking at several traps at once, you will teleport to the farthest one.

Build

Other add-on: anything that doesn't increase range or stop teleportation (obviously) is fine. I use insta traps.

Perks:Ruin, Monitor and abuse, Make your choice, BBQ and Chillie.

First three are perks hag already uses. BAC will be useful for this play style as you can see if a person is on a generator.

How to play.

When you use the Mint Rag, play hag "wrong". Place traps by every gen first, (or ones you can) then focus on loops.  Chasing with mint rag can be difficult as you must look at the triggered trap or you might go to a random trap across the map. So don't chase. Using the traps you set at gens, check on each one, replace the trap and go to the next one. Be ready to attack because survivors on the gen have little to no reaction time to get of the gen or be grabbed off it. Trap your ruin too. Play as a jump scare killer, grab and hook survivors. When you do get a hook, place a trap and make sure you get MYC active. Wait for the save and show them that they crouched to the hook in vain. Repeat the above until you win. 

Survivors ways to counter.
1. Flashlights. Obviously flashlights will destroy this way of playing. Try to hide your traps in unpredictable places.

2. Pre-tripping traps. When survivors realize that you have Mint Rag, they may trip the trap and just run. This is where shackles can come in handy but if you don't run these you can easily mind game this to hit the pest that keeps setting it off. If they trip a trap guarding a hook, wait for as long as you can for the save but make sure to get back before the trap fades. Replace it and get them away from the hook.


I love this add-on and it is a fun alternative to standard hag. I hope you have a great time with this . Feel free to tell me about anything else you do differently as I would love to see that. Happy hunting.


Comments

  • Everyone uses Mint Rage with Rusty Shackles but I feel like that's not utilizing MR to it's fullest. I use MR with Gramma's Heart then set up a web pattern. If you hit a trap during a chase I teleport to the trap AHEAD of you, and while you are looking back not hearing a HB I'm coming at you from a different direction. IMO way more effective. RS is good no doubt, but I feel like it's a waste with MR.