Survivor's Head On perk not working on PC/Steam
After one of the recent updates I can't rely anymore on Head On perk. Almost every time I use it I get hit by a killer or even get grabbed by him from the locker. I've double checked my internet (I have spare one) and perk timing - it is 100% ready when I'm using it. Ping in lobby and during match is usually around 50-60ms.
How to reproduce. Play as survivor, hide in locker for more then 3 sec, press [shift] + [space] buttons when a killer approaches within 1m from the locker. In my case the following situations may occur:
- I've not even jumped from the locker and killer grabbed me from it without even opening it's doors. So killer just take me out through the textures. I see this in 40% of cases.
- I've jumped from the locker, killer not get stuned and I got a hit while all the time (during all animations) killer was 0.5-1m near the locker. I see this in 30% of cases. Why this situation happens I don't undestand totally.
- I've jumped from the locker and killer got stuned. I see this only in 25% of cases.
Prior to 5.3 version of the game I haven't experienced such problems, only in 5-10% of cases due to faulty timing coming from my side. I understand 60ms of ping is theoretically around 0.3-0.6m of killer misposition (depending on his speed), but again prior to the last few updates I have had no such issues. And I saw numerous of times when killer opens locker from the side (or even side-back) while not even 1m closer to the locker.
Comments
I have been experiencing problems with this as well and I play on PS4. I will head on and it will give me the notification on the top right of the screen that I got a head on stun but it won’t actually stun them.