Balanced Landing inconsistent trigger

Sometimes when I fall BL doesn't activate and give me a speed boost. It's usually when I fall from a hill or vault specific windows (like the dump trucks on Autohaven). Sometimes I can do the same thing twice, once it will activate another time it won't. Has anyone else had this?

I want to note that I've never had the issue when falling from a very high spot like Coal Tower or Asylum. It's only for the "short drops" that it sometimes works sometimes doesn't.

Comments

  • Hills: you must jump from the highest spot or it won't proc, especially in the sides, try to jump looking towards the "entrance" of the hill, that's the spot you wanna jump from

    Truck: its kinda meh, probably too short as a jump, I don't take that for balance landing for this reason, I won't even change it since its a pretty decent spot to mind game on both sides

    Look for places higher at least the double of a normal vault height or use lithe. I prefer BL since reduce the stun even if exhausted but you do you
  • Well the thing is sometimes I jump through the window at the truck and it procs, sometimes it doesn't. Same with the hill, I can fall from the sides and it procs. I do the exact same move on the next chase and it doesn't.

  • Try to not jumps on sides or try to "feel" that gonna proc since its height based, maybe the second time you missed it for few inches

    Try to always go on the highest place available, about the truck, its just a semi-bug don't rely on it. I use hills in this way and I have no problems. Before figure it out even for me hills were a gamble but aiming on the highest place of it to jump makes the perk pretty consistent in flat maps
  • Again, I'm doing the EXACT same thing. The windows on the dump trucks are always the same height, yet sometimes BL triggers and sometimes it doesn't. I've also had instances where I fell maybe an inch and it triggers, and another instance where I fell at least 1m and it doesn't trigger.

    IT. IS. BROKEN.