Why are survivors so sweaty when I'm killer but when I'm survivor they act like noobs?

Like seriously it confuses the hell out of me and it makes me feel like I'm playing with bots.

Comments

  • Please reply somebody

  • @Astroblazer said:

    Please reply somebody

    somebody

  • @Astroblazer said:

    Like seriously it confuses the hell out of me and it makes me feel like I'm playing with bots.

    It's because something is very squiffy with killer matchmaking right now. Since the patch, I'm routinely finding myself up against 3man SWFs with 2000 hours between them (to my sub-200) and maybe one intermediate survivor.

    Either survivors are abusing the removed DC penalty to rapidly smurf down their MMRs, or something got broken/disabled.

    I wonder if this was a situation like what occurred before MMR, where red-rank survivors complained endlessly about their queue times, resulting in BHVR completely (and quietly) removing killer matchmaking protections completely.

  • First, know that negativity bias is a thing, you will remember negative events more easily, so you'll remember those Killer games where you got stomped, and the Survivor games were you and your team got stomped.

    Second, I'm assuming you are a solo player, which means you get the worst survivor experience, which is to play with no communication. Therefore you are more likely to be on a team with no communication, than you are to face a team with no communication (given that against 4 players, often you will be playing against parties of 2/3/4, so you might see organized players often.

    Also when you are playing Solo survivor, the Killer probably doesn't know you are not a SWF, or not until its too late. So they will show you zero mercy and try and fight you with the same tactics they will fight a 4 man SWF.

    Basically as a solo player, you will see the worst of both sides. Obviously Killer is always solo, but if you get good at it, you'll face better teams more often, which can be extremely frustrating if you also play survivor. You feel like you are in the worst of both roles constantly. Well.. you are!