Hit validation is horrendous
I love the fact i STILL get hit over pallets and even through pallets and when I play killer i HIT the survivor they scream but nope they dropped the pallet EVEN though I swung first they get to go seriously hit validation is horrendous and really doesn't even make sense the sever just thinks yep pallet hit first even though on your screen the weapon hit first also for those who will comment saying punctuation please use it and stuff like that your not the grammar police.
Comments
*you're
But yes, I hate survivor validation as a killer, and love it as a survivor. It is sad that you cannot enjoy the benefits when you play survivor. I know I sure do.
The game client handles hits and pallets differently. Of course, everything will happen first on your local screen with no latency, just as it does on a Survivor screen. The server validates hits, but the validation mechanism is exceptionally generous in favor of what The Killer ultimately sees. Pallet interactions are supposed to be server-side, so if the Survivor already has the pallet down 50% or more, that stun should nullify the hit. Otherwise, things would look weird on your screen.
But the survivor never dropped it when I hit that's the problem.
On your screen, but for the survivor, they dropped it first, and the server determined that the pallet was 50% or more down, and thus the server rejected your hit.