Disconnecting mid-game

Three matches in a row now I have been disconnected in the middle of the match with the message "DISCONNECTION FROM HOST". In all three matches I disconnected from I was playing Freddy with dream pallets and when I played other killers before that I never had any issues.

So take this as a kind of PSA, don't play Freddy with dream pallets right now

Comments

  • Goodness gracious, this just gets better and better.

  • Or maybe your connection started weakening at a certain point of the day and it has nothing to do with Freddy or even the game itself

    I think everyone should stop blaming the game as a default

  • "don't play Freddy with dream pallets right now"

    Well if others try it now and have the same problem, the faster they can fix it.

  • @MottledElm said:

    Or maybe your connection started weakening at a certain point of the day and it has nothing to do with Freddy or even the game itself

    I think everyone should stop blaming the game as a default

    Do you honestly think I didn't check my connection immediately when it happened? I never got disconnected from steam, I never had any connection issues in my browser when it happened, nothing at all except in the game. Do you seriously think my connection weakened mid-game three times IN A ROW, by what? magic?

    If it was just once sure no big deal, but three times in a row is a bit too suspicious for me.

  • @DBD78 said:

    "don't play Freddy with dream pallets right now"

    Well if others try it now and have the same problem, the faster they can fix it.

    You are right, I didn't think about that actually. Maybe people should play it then hmm

  • @Laach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2584464#Comment_2584464

    Do you honestly think I didn't check my connection immediately when it happened? I never got disconnected from steam, I never had any connection issues in my browser when it happened, nothing at all except in the game. Do you seriously think my connection weakened mid-game three times IN A ROW, by what? magic?

    If it was just once sure no big deal, but three times in a row is a bit too suspicious for me.

    I meant it could have weakend and that lead to numerous crashing, but if you say that you checked your connection I believe you, I just find it weird that playing a specific killer with a specific add-on caused disconnects, I would have expected something like a bluescreen on console or a straight up crash of the software