Is new TOTH worth it?

I have been wondering if new Thrill Of The Hunt is worth running. Especially with the new boon perks, people might consider cleansing the Hex rather than blessing it, becaus it takes much more time. I used It on Spirit with Undying and Ruin so far but can't tell if it works.

Comments

  • If your goal is totem protection it is the only option remaining.

    I proposed a toth+undying+hg+whatever hex build to block all totems from easy cleansing.

    So any attempt to boon a totem is prolonged and even normal cleansing is 21 seconds.

    The only misconception i had proposing this build was the change to undying in having aura reveal for dulls not hexes.

  • The way that I see it, TotH is now a different kind of perk than it was before. It's not a totem defence perk anymore, but to be fair, it was never especially fantastic at being that- instead, it's now a slowdown perk to counter boon totems. It doesn't lose tokens when a totem is blessed, so it's effectively permanent slowdown on the bless action as long as the totem stands, and if they choose to go for that totem it slows them down on that too.

    If you're confident you're going to be seeing boon totems, TotH is a pretty decent pick. Not overwhelmingly good, but it does its job and gives you the leeway to patrol and interrupt.

  • I ran TOTH/undying/haunted grounds yesterday and it seemed to help me win. but the game was on midwich and it's hard to find totems there. I would recommend running a build like this for a few games.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I ran TOTH/undying/haunted grounds yesterday and it seemed to help me win. but the game was on midwich and it's hard to find totems there. I would recommend running a build like this for a few games.

    You kinda need Ruin, or devour with it, so survivors have reason to care about your hexes, when they don't play boon totems

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578615#Comment_2578615

    You kinda need Ruin, or devour with it, so survivors have reason to care about your hexes, when they don't play boon totems

    yeah that's true, and you start the game with 5 hexes.