Thrill Of The Hunt Change: Actually Fine?
I was also pretty bummed to hear about the noise notifications being removed from Thrill, and I also thought it was going to make that perk pretty damn worthless, but I had a game with it yesterday just to test it out and I realised something pretty important: it doesn't lose tokens when a totem is blessed, even temporarily.
Here's what I think is the best way to approach new Thrill: it is no longer a tracking perk, nor is it a totem defence perk. Rather, it's now a slowdown perk for if you're confident you're going against boon totems, and honestly, it's a pretty darn good one. It's not going to outclass the top-tier slowdown perks, but Thrill never even topped the charts of totem defence, and there was only one other perk to even compete with it, so that's not really a huge change.
So, in summary: I actually think Thrill's going to be more useful now than it ever was before, it has a specific niche it gets to fill instead of being Undying's dorky younger brother.
Comments
psycho slowdown is only when they bless a hex specifically and eventually they'll get thrill with it
i tend to run detective's hunch for optimal blue creation and you can bet i'd be after that totem in particular if i had a red bar
and i'd break it if i had a good blue location so i wouldn't get the psycho slowdown in the first place probably
unfortunately this might be stockholm syndrome setting in, rage like how i rage as if i was spirit herself, it's justified
True, but there's always a risk that someone's going to run Detective's and instantly annihilate any hexes you bring, so that's not really changed? Besides, if the killer protects Thrill manually, blessing that takes a longass time, there's time for them to interrupt you.
I don't think it's that good of a slowdown perk without the notification because, as with any Hex, it can easily be destroyed in the first minute of the match. At least you could defend it before, and at this point there's no point running it over the typical Hexes (Ruin, Devour, Haunted, etc). Sure you can use Undying to protect it, but now're running half of your perks to totem defense...
it's changed in the sense that every blue aura by process of elimination makes finding the actual hex in the mix faster and faster
besides, blue totems are still completely and utterly worth the time to create them with that slowdown unless the killer is patrolling that area rather hard and bapping it constantly (+ you keep informing them with thunder that you're recreating the same one over and over)
I see it helping when survivors waste time re blessing their totems instead of doing gens.
Hex:TOTH
Hex:Undying
Hex: Haunted Ground
Itll make people regret blessing totems lol they'll spend 72s of a match blessing 2 totems just to activate Haunted Ground....twice lol
Although Vigil is really cool now speaking of which!