The most fun I've had in a while
Here recently, I've had more fun than I've had in over a year with DBD. Mainly because of my own personal game mode. It's the emersive killer.
I pretty much put on this build on almost all killers:
Insidious, Tinkerer, Dark devotion, and then the last perk I mix it up. Sometimes it's beast of prey, sometimes it's spies or whispers.
The whole point is jump scares with killers people wouldn't expect, like doctor or plague, or hillbilly. Most of the times it means I can't use my power, but that's okay. Sometimes I'll shock people with Doctor, so they think they're okay to do gens, then I wait for tinkerer to go off and go grab them off the generator. Then throw them down and use Insidious behind a corner. When another survivor comes I'll pop out and smack them.
My favorite is waiting for the exit gates to pop, then hiding behind the pillars waiting for the late survivors to come through for one last scare. Most times their teammates don't give away my position, and most survivors get into it.
But I do have rules for myself, try not to tunnel the same person. No hooks, can't let anyone bleed out, pretty much no killing of any kind. Mainly just hiding behind corners I know they'll walk through and then hitting them once and dropping chase, then moving somewhere else.
Most survivors get into it, and towards the end I let them farm BP with heals and blinds and stuns because I know this doesn't give a lot of BP to me, but I want them to get something for their good sportsmanship. Sometimes I'll even throw on a cake for them.
I've only ran into one person who messaged me saying it was annoying, but I had almost killed them all by slugging, so I had to pick them up one by one and let them wiggle off so they didn't die. Like I said it's mainly just for the fun of jump scaring, this isn't to secure kills, and you get almost no BP from it, but man is it tons of fun. Cause they never expect it on certain killers.
Comments
I do love throwing games to jump scare survivors constantly. I put cats eye on Victor and creep up to them in silence when 3-4 of them are on the same genny. Always hilarious when you make your move and then hear the multiple missed skillcheck explosions coz they are panicking and all pacman away in different directions
Oh it's so much fun. I doubt I'll play DBD the same way again.
That build would be great on Pyramid Head with Trail of Torment and the add-ons of Obsidion Goblet and Lost Memories Book, when the James Sunderland skin becomes available!
If I get James in my lobby, I will happily set that up amd just spend the entire game stalking James. Not hooking, but simply stalking him consistently.
Could also say the same with Myers and Laurie ... now, that is terrifying to think of!
I could probably do it and get free chainsaws, but I feel a lot of people expect those perks on Leatherface.