Did they slow down the pallet dropping animation?

I feel like lately I've just been getting hit constantly through a pallet while my character slowly moves to drop it but doesn't actually do it. I've noticed this happening to other people too. Is this new or am I just crazy and it's always been super slow?

Comments

  • I've noticed this too

    What I believe is happening is:

    • Killer swings at pallet, and during the swing - their hitbox/collision model takes the spot where the survivor is meant to be when they drop the pallet
    • Since the space becomes quickly occupied, it cancels the drop animation

    You can notice this with Wraith more than anybody since he's the #1 body blocker.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I've noticed this too

    What I believe is happening is:

    • Killer swings at pallet, and during the swing - their hitbox/collision model takes the spot where the survivor is meant to be when they drop the pallet
    • Since the space becomes quickly occupied, it cancels the drop animation

    You can notice this with Wraith more than anybody since he's the #1 body blocker.

    Hmmm that makes sense.. I wonder if something changed in a recent patch.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2557339#Comment_2557339

    Hmmm that makes sense.. I wonder if something changed in a recent patch.

    Here's another fun thing I noticed about pallets:

    It's possible to cancel a killer breaking a pallet if the survivor is constantly spamming the pallet vault (I do this against wraith) and while this is happening sometimes the game starts the pallet break animation (where the pallet shakes when it's kicked once) but then the pallet obviously isn't broken

    It's funny