Fog Stories
Everyone feel free to share the most absurd, crazy, amazing matches you've ever had during your time in the fog
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Most of these happen when I try and be nice, and merciful. It's like Survivors can't handle it.
A close second is when survivors try to do obvious strategies on me.
Had a match last night. Me vs a Claudette, 2 mins, and I forget who the 4th was.
It's event time, so I want survivors to get that 5k escape bonus. It's like trick or treat.
I'm doing ritual of the jaws so I'm feeling extra potato on top of it. I'm a lvl 1 trapper.
It's the school level. I spawn in, and see a harvest point near me. Cool. Hope they get it!
One person DCed immediately. So on top of me wanting to be nice during the event I know these 3 people are pretty screwed. 5 gens, and 3 survivors is hard. So that's a mercy mark.
I walk down the street and see a Claudette in purple run towards me. Looked like she was going for the flower. I'm like "okay, go harvest little one." And we pass each other as I'm headed towards a far generator. Didn't even swing at her.
I see someone working on it. I figure "huh, must not want flowers?" I go on the attack. A quick chase and they're on an event hook. I run like they are a fireball in a hallway. Didn't even lay a trap. I want them to get unhooked so I can let them go.
I'm pretty used to instant unhooks, so it strikes me as weird that no one has. I'm not near the hook. There no trap (not like traps ever really stopped them with what little radius they have) so it gets weirder and weirder.
I find the Claudette, which isn't super hard, and strike her down, pick her up... and promptly carry her to the hooked survivor. She wiggles free, and I run like she's the killer.
No rescue.
I wait. No rescue. The hooked Min dies.
Now I'm confused.
2 people left. 4 gens left.
So I start looking for people. It gets fuzzy here.
It's not hard since the Claudette fails self care checks. I chase, knock her down, carry her to a hook, and don't hook her. She wiggles off, and runs. I run the other way.
A few seconds later there's pops. I investigate. Failed self care checks. It feels like a distraction strategy.
I chase, knock her down, carry her to a gen, and let her wiggle off. I run.
Over the course of the trial, this basically keeps happening. I'm trying to encourage them to do gens, and not even trying to down anyone. Claudette keeps wanting to decoy. I'm not even patrolling gens. Most stay dead.
I'm wishing my trapper could say "No! Wait! I survivor now!"
After a while of chasing her, her getting trapped on purpose and struggling after I pick her up, I grab Claudette again after a short chase. She's near a hook, and not struggling. I hook her, and she's dead quick. The flower I mentioned at the beginning isn't harvested.
But hey, the hatch is an option, yeah? Wait, no. It's been several minutes, way too long, and it's still 4 gens left.
Pop goes the gen. I look for the hatch. Find it quick. Go for the last survivor which isn't hard. I beat the last min senseless, pick her up, carry her to the hatch, and drop her. She uses the hatch.
End of trial.
It's like survivors can't handle a killer letting them go, and it causes mass confusion.
I was hiding in the kitchen area and quickly hid on the porch outside. LF came and went through the door right next to me. I had to hide back inside the kitchen in case he came back, and I was right. He went through the door next to me again. I had to change sides again while he was crossing the door, right behind him.
This situation repeated another 4 times. It was one if the best stealth tricks I managed without any stealth perks.
Just played a game today where all my axes were on point. Like they couldn't have been better. It was coldwind, and a wounded Nea be running through the fields of corn. I tracked her by her great howls and threw a curvy axe of doom. Hitting her skull from about 40 meters away. I reveled in her blood and anguish. It was a good 4k match.
Played against a full four man SWF rocking two BNP's and two Purple Flash lights.
Struggled at the start, but eventually things came together, and boiled down to me and one particularly toxic Claudette (The flash light clicking, waving at you mid c hase kinda toxic). She blinded me at the hatch, and I got a blind grab on her.
That was when I was accused of hacking. LOL. I just listened...it's called good headphones.
wow he is deaf if he couldnt hear you
I think they both died later. Not sure though.