Talking about my opinion on the Q&A stream that happened yesterday

Usually I prefer to talk positive, but this will be hard to do as the Q&A stream only made me ask more questions


(Thank @/GoodBoyKaru for the dev stream responses to help me make this post)


SBMM

According to common sense, Skill Based Match Making should increase your MMR if you win, like actually win


In DBD however, it was confirmed that SBMM only changes on how many survivors you kill and if you escape, and varies depending on how many survivors are killed, its not 'Skill' whatsoever to escape as this implies that you can literally do nothing and escape, doesn't make it any better that it doesn't really track things well as is (Most of the time when you do a 4 gen chase that clearly shows skill as that means you managed your resources enough and the killer made the mistake of maintaining the chase, so why does it only track escapes, it needs to track more than just escapes


I don't think SBMM was ready and it shows, this game needs to do multiple test builds, not just 1 and release, we still need a definitive "win condition" that involves more than just killing and escaping, because you can always confirm a kill if you need to with some killers


PTB changes

image.png

Another thing that needs more testing before launching into live servers as these are big changes, throwing something into live that could possibly burn out immediately is never a good idea, and Blood Favor would need testing with that to see how it works (IDK if the stream showed footage of how it interacts with elevations or not but I would really want to see that) and the Blood Favor damage state change is understandable as trickster did make it absurd


Questions

I am not doing all of these, because it has 58 questions, I'll do way less than that for my sake and everyone elses sake, I'll only pick the important ones as alot of these are not that important


i_Newell99 on Twitter - "Why are hexes gone forever, but Boons can be re-blessed endlessly?"

Spicy question (with a decent answer)- before this gets taken out of context please note the Boon totem nerfs.

Boons are intended to have a small zone of the map which help buff the survivors and support them. They are not meant to fundamentally adjust the core mechanics of the game. Gen speeds will not be buffed for Boon Totems, full stop.

Hex perks are not like that. They are strong perks (usually), very impactful towards the game, and apply universally. They definitely do adjust the core flow of the game.

And remember, the time survivors spend messing around with totems is time spent not repairing a generator.

Uhh, if you want to know this basically almost told us to not use Boons then, due to escaping changing mmr why would you wanna waste 24 seconds to set a boon when you could put that 24 seconds into a gen? I get they don't stack anymore but still I think Boons should get WAY more playtesting before they hit the live build as this is basically telling us that it won't impact the meta

ausnoe on Twitter - "Will we ever see new gamemodes?"

No. No time or resources are being spent on any other gamemodes. Do not expect anything any time soon. Once something has been approved they will talk about it.

we really need something else to do than what we have been doing for the past 5 years

TheKingTwitch on Twitter - "Will we see more Boon & Scourge Hook perks in future?"

Yes, we will (thanks to Dave Richard for confirming this on that interview you should definitely look at if you haven't already <3). Have fun guessing what they're going to do because not even the devs know just yet :D

I added this because I have the most blatant answer for it ever

Monstrous Shrine for the Scourge, and probably either Hope or Premonition for a boon (reworking them that is)

"Can we get any hints as to which killers you're looking into next?"

Shockingly, survivor improvements will be coming soon ("in the near future").

In terms of killers, there is a shortlist as to who will be looked at next, however the two big ones are Legion and Ghost Face.

Rework rework rework rework rework rework, please tell me this is a rework to both

"Are there any plans to buff The Shape?"

There's nothing immediate in The Pipe- not to say they're not looking at him, but he isn't the top priority.

heh pipe, but he really needs to be top priority, his kit and add-ons are all outdated and need changed more than just 3 add-ons


Conclusion


Basically just do more than 1 test build as some of these still look like they need testing, and throwing them into the live build could result in nobody using them and the game basically having people use the exact same perks every game, we need something that can clash with the meta

I won't give my full heart towards this yet as I would wanna test it (If I can force myself to even play the new update, I'll just ask my friends probably)

Comments