Will a PS5 name change affect my progress?
I know when PlayStation offered a free name change a while ago they stated that it may affect some games, especially online multiplayer games that are tied to your psn name and stores your progress.
I want to change my psn name to match my YouTube channel and need to know whether or not it will affect any progress I have made so far. I really don't want to lose everything.
Has anybody tried this? Did it work out OK?
Comments
Name change doesn't affect your progress.
Are you 100% sure for playstation5? I don't want to risk it otherwise.
I'am 100% sure. I did it myself.
Thank you, you have been most helpful. I will do it now then.
No problem. :) DBD is tested not to have any progress loss after changing usename.
My name has now been changed and you were indeed correct. Everything is still there. Thanks again.
Mods, you can close this now if you like.
Always. Enjoy the new name! :)