HELP - Taking One For The Team achievement
This is my last achievement, where you have to take a hit in order to protect someone next to a hook. This achievement is so f-ing confusing! I dont like the playstyle, farming instantly (i use borrowed time though) and I always take hits. But sometimes they count and sometimes they don't. I think that there's a secret criteria, because they dont count most of the time. The survivor has to be injured (I'm guessing, but the description gives no info, making it so confusing). Does it count when they have borrowed time activated? Because the game might see that as an extra health state? Atleast let me know when I blocked properly and when I didnt, because I have NO IDEA, it shows +200 points for protection and I'm like 1 metre away from the hook but its counts 50% of the time!
Comments
You need to charge at a hook at get hit twice near it. Then, when you get downed use DS to escape the killers grasp and use the Medkit to tank two more hits. This should get you 4 protection hits per game. Just realize that you will piss off a LOT of people if you don't save them.
The achievements are bugged, I got multiple survivor trophies while playing killer. Like "where did they go?"
The way this achievement works is that you have to take a hit directly after unhooking someone. If the survivor you've unhooked has run away from the hook when you get hit, then it doesn't count. The way I've been doing it is having the killer hit me into the injured state and then unhooking the survivor, making sure I'm closer to the killer than the other survivor. Usually, the killer will down me while the survivor is in the invincibility frames and they will leave with borrowed time and I'll get hooked. Other times the killer will want the already hooked person and go after them, but I found the first scenario to occur more often. I can usually get two points towards the achievement per match by doing this, and I'm currently twenty points away from unlocking it. You'll know that it worked if you get two protection scoring events, one worth 100 and the other worth 200. If you follow the steps above and don't get those, the game is probably being a bit buggy with you. Other than all that, be prepared for the other three survivors and the killer to threaten to report you in the end game chat for trying to get an achievement.
You should also be able to get protection points/progress towards the achievement by taking hits when a killer is carrying someone near a hook (i.e. body blocking) though I haven't confirmed this personally so anyone is free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Body blocking works sometimes, but it's very finicky. The most consistent way to get points for the achievement is through unhooking and taking a hit. If you were to try to do it through body blocking, you would have to be running around the hook because I've never seen it work by just crouching in front of the hook. This makes it to where you aren't even really blocking the killer, because the running makes it to where they can hook the survivor anyway. Even then, it's really hard to tell what exactly works with getting a point from body blocking so it's really hard to replicate. If anyone's found a good method for getting progress through body blocking, I wasn't able to find it when I started looking for how to do the achievement.
This achievment is bugged, dont bother with this one tbh^^
Its my last one though!