Is the Spirit counterplay enough?

So here goes. In PTB Spirit has the directional sound but not the fart clouds. Do you think the directional sound gives enough counterplay?

Comments

  • She’s very much balanced now. I think us good Spirits will be just fine as well and we can also not feel bad for playing her anymore so that really makes me happy.

  • I think she's fine now. If the dust clouds are added later, it'll be overkill.

  • Me who only plays ps4 even tho I own a pc bc I can't transfer my progress to pc ;^;

  • I havent seen gameplay against her so i dont know

  • @KillerMain4Ever said:

    Me who only plays ps4 even tho I own a pc bc I can't transfer my progress to pc ;^;

    oh that sucks

  • I still don't see any actual counterplay against her. The fact that you can see her coming at you faster than you can reasonably do something about doesnt really feel any better. She is still just as fast as before. She can still mindgame with the phasewalk. I think all this nerf does is make it so that mindless Spirit mains need to put more work to get their kllls, which I appreciate at the very least. Honestly, she could be completely visible during the phasewalk and I think she'd still do almost as well as she does now.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    So here goes. In PTB Spirit has the directional sound but not the fart clouds. Do you think the directional sound gives enough counterplay?

    I wish there was an addon that made it the sound was supressed so you could still go for jumpscares, though.

  • Fine I'd say, a nice addition to the game, a killer where you have to play with sounds

  • I would say she's fine, but lack of stand still mind game makes her ten times harder to play. Just pick up Nurse IMO.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    I would say she's fine, but lack of stand still mind game makes her ten times harder to play. Just pick up Nurse IMO.

    This.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    I would say she's fine, but lack of stand still mind game makes her ten times harder to play. Just pick up Nurse IMO.

    I’m great with Spirit but terrible with Nurse.

  • @TheGannMan Put the same amount of time into Nurse you've put into Spirit, I'm pretty sure you would have better results against decent survivors.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @TheGannMan Put the same amount of time into Nurse you've put into Spirit, I'm pretty sure you would have better results against decent survivors.

    Nah I’m good. If I did that, then I would cry myself to sleep every night dealing with the torture of that buggy and janky killer. I’ll stick with Spirit.

  • It’s still mostly a guessing game in chase, but at least now I can somewhat reliably discern where she’s coming from with the directional sound.

  • I quite like where she is right now, anymore changes would probably be pretty bad for her.

  • I as Maine Rin will say that this is not enough

    You will ask why? you play it yourself

    I'll tell you I like to play and take constantly red rank without stress, because it is imbalanced

    But in the evenings I play with friends and if against us Rin we feel absolute pain and helplessness and it is not pleasant to play because she leaves no chance for victory

  • I get that she is more balanced now but, honestly, I would replace her with the 2018 OG Spirit without thinking twice.

    Or at least most aspects of her.

    That is the only Spirit I will ever enjoy.