My take on boon totems

Hi,

So this is what I have concluded for myself about boon totems this far, from reading developer and mod's posts, not assumptions from furious forum members: 

- Survivors can choose which totem to bless 

- They can bless dull or hex totems 

- Blessing will take just as long as cleansing, or longer 

-> I'm assuming that the more powerful the boon effect is the longer it will take to bless 

- When survivors bless a hex, the hex will be removed and/or power go off 

- Boon totems work only in a certain area, assuming a radius of X meters 

- The killer can hear the boon totem when they are in its area and quickly remove them 

-> Assuming just a swift kick 

- A survivor can only have 1 totem blessed at a time 

- We do not know what they will do - yet 


I see a lot of killer mains being skeptical about this, and that is totally fair. But, taking everything into perspective: Will there be a big buff to survivors? I don't think so. 

Survivors need to use time to find and bless totems, which will be very situational in a specific area only. Survivors running boon totem perks will then use time they otherwise would use to repair gens. 

Equipping a boon totem perk also occupy a perk slot for a meta perk, remember that! 

This is why I can't see this ruining the game experience for killers. At least we need to check out the PTB first and if it is so horrible for killers I believe the developers will change it up. Do you really believe they will give killers the middel finger just like that? I don't think so. 

I'm looking forward to (the possibly) best patch so far. 

Thanks for reading and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about something. 

Comments