My prediction on what happens after the Spirit nerf
This post is just my opinion on what I think will transpire after the devs go through with the upcoming Spirit nerf. This is pure speculation on my part that's based on changes the devs have made to killers after PTBs, or lack thereof, and the way discussion tends to play out on the forums.
It seems like everyone agrees that the directional phasing indicator should make the killer more fair to play against. I heard this was actually a bug for a while according to some streamers, and it made her more fun to play against but she was still fairly strong. I never experienced this because I haven't played against Spirit a significant amount. I expect that this change will stay.
The change I'm most concerned about is the kicking up dust. I'm anticipating that this will be cartoonishly easy to see like the Marauder/Sentinel Hammer stun in Doom Eternal. The devs said that tall grass "may" obscure vision of this indicator, but the new and reworked maps have little to no tall grass there to obfuscate this, just ask any Trapper main. The survivor player will now know when she is phasing and know where she is coming from, but the Spirit will not be able to hear them (over 90% of my lobbies at high MMR have 3+ Iron Wills), so she will be easily juked, and then the Spirit has to chase as a 110% killer, which is painful. Killer mains and players genuinely interested in a balanced game will claim the changes are way too much of a nerf after testing her out on the PTB. The devs will go through with the changes as is and make no adjustments, effectively killing her.
Former Spirit mains then complain on the forums about how she's gutted now while the survivor mains will state she's still insanely strong, you just need 1,000 hours of practice, like they say about Hillbilly, even though Hillbilly is trash tier now and is god awful to play. All of the Spirit players then migrate to Wraith like the former forever Freddy players and maybe the devs look at her again in 2 years
Comments
They said they won't introduce the kicking dust on Spirit, at least for now.
Prediction wrong already, lol