Healing Bonus Problem
I think DBD has a problem on the way percentages affect healing, or if they are "working as intended" I think they should be changed. So I like to run botany + we'll make it a lot because those are two perks that are quite good and I like the speed at which I can heal people with that combo. However I've noticed a lot a things that confuse me. When just healing with botany, if the target is affected by sloppy butcher (and a lot are) that should mean (if they do percentages additively), that I have a +13% bonus to healing speed as sloppy butcher is 20% and botany is 33%. However the heal time is slower, and the bar is red. This leads me to believe that the game puts negative bonuses first, slowing the heal time down, then it applies the positive buffs, which dimishes their value.You can see with a simple example (please note I'm using 100 as the healing speed for sake of simplicity):
What the game does:
100-20%(sloppy butcher)=80, then 80 + 33%(botany)=106.4
What I think should happen:
100+(33%-20%)=113
A more drastic example (which you can confirm in game does happen) is with clourophobia and we'll make it:
100-50%=50, then 50+100%=100
vs.
100+(100%-50%)=150
You can verify both of these in game. If you go right now and play a game with we'll make against a killer with clourophobia, your heal speed will be normal, when really it should be 50% faster (the equivilant of we'll make it lvl.2). I think this is an issue that needs to be either fixed if this isn't intended, or adressed as a balnce issue if it is, because right now killers are getting so much more out of running a perk that reduces healing speed by a smaller percentage than survivor perks. And as much as killer mains will say its needed, its not. These things stack up horrendously, even without clourophobia:
100-29%(sloppy butch and thanataphobia w/2 people injured)=71, then 71+33%(botany)=94.43
vs.
100+(33%-29%)=104
Or even worse...
100-69%(clouophobia, sloppy butcher, & thanataphobia w/2 people injured)= 31, then 31+133%(botany and we'll make it)=72.23
vs.
100+(133%-69%)=164
Comments
well if its true that the bonuses and debuffs stack manipulatively, then that needs to be changed or else ######### like this happens
I'm pretty sure the case is that buffs stack additively with other buffs and the same for debuffs, but when you mix buffs with counter debuffs it becomes multiplicative.