PC/PS - Chest Key doesn't work on RPD Hatch

Step 1: boot the game

Step 2: play survivor in an online match

Step 3: go to RPD map after a RPD map offering has been used

Step 4: find a purple key in a chest

Step 5: 2 survivors get killed, 2 gens left

Step 6: find the hatch with the other survivor, it was in the big open plaza in the middle

Step 7: find out that both you and your friend can't open hatch


I played as Zarina. Perks: Tenacity, Red Herring, Spine Chill, Plunderer's Instinct. The map was RPD, an offering was used. I play on PC. My friend - a PS player - picked up my key after I voluntarily dropped it (Feng Min). She couldn't open it either.

A purple luck offering had been used as well. This is the first time I encountered this issue. No "M1 Open hatch" pop-up showed at all, and I couldn't open it no matter what keys I pushed.

The killer didn't have Franklin's Demise, and my item didn't have add-ons, so it couldn't have been depleted.


(While writing this report, I played another game on the Swamp map. I don't know if this affects the way the log looks or not, because I added it after that game, but the bug happened in the second to last game I played, not the last.)

(I'm very sorry that I don't have a picture. We were playing against a Ghostface and our spine chill kept going on and off, so I didn't think about it at all.)

DeadByDaylight.log


Tagged: Pending

Comments