SBMM and the *new* DBD

Has anyone else discovered a disgustingly boring and uncoherent experience on this new DBD. I've been playing for years and have always enjoyed a big mix of player skill. but that wasn't good enough, so lets introduce SBMM where all the killer games are all gens done in 4 minutes and all the people know how to run(not always a bad thing) but when you have a solid team the game becomes rather one sided very easily. I've always been able to hit red ranks and been challenged. but ever since I let my rank fall for this new SBMM I encounter impossible to "win" against teams (I say it quoted since there is no real winning criteria) while playing killer, and I don't just mean skill level. i mean one hook can be 2-3 gens, EVERY game. I love a hard game but it's just become so clearly unfair to play anyone other than the top 3 killers to even stand a chance.

And on the other far end i did the same rank reset for my survivor to get the freshest experience where it seems no gens at all get finished and the killer is usually pretty competent. Where in testing was this a good idea. going up the ranks has become a chore and you have to sweat to even have a single chance of ranking up. if you play solo for fun or even with a 2 man it seems gens never get finished at the lower ranks and people drop like flys. HOW ON EARTH is it such a dramatic change in gameplay flow FOR THE SAME RANK. I have actually never had such a frustrating time with the game. So much so i have currently uninstalled it because as of this week of trying out the SBMM it has become stale, sweaty, unfair, and no fun. SBMM was supposed to balance out the amount of players so that killers weren't just stomping noobs and survivors were not able to complete all the gens in 3 1/2 minutes, but it has shown to do the exact opposite.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience. and what are dev's even thinking about doing about it. Imagine being a new killer and having someone run you for 60 seconds and 2 1/2 gens get done, your game is how you put it "supposed to be accessible" but you have created the worst version of accessibility since the dawn of its existence.

Comments

  • They’re updating Babysitter. It’s gonna be meta soon

  • I've been on a break from DBD for a while. But after watching Otz and a few others, I'm getting the feeling that playing killer mainly is pretty exhausting anymore. There's a couple of them that are playing survivor a bunch more because it's simply less of a sweat-fest.