The new changes

My thoughts on the new changes.

Trapper:

I like em. I feel this is what a lot of people were asking for, and they got it. The bag perk I don't see it as too bad, but I think based upon the history of having add-ons with downsides to them, it'll probably be removed in the future. It just doesn't feel necessary on a killer where it's not a crazy buff to begin with. But I do feel this change could boost him to a solid middle of the pack B tier killer, which I'm fine with.

Spirit:

I'm okay with these nerfs. A lot of people are upset because they feel like it's just going to make her unplayable or horrible, but I think she'll still be an A tier killer, just not an S tier godly killer. And her add-ons will add some much needed new gameplay styles to her kit.

To be honest, I think it's exactly what's needed. I don't think there should be S tier killers. Or D or F tier killers for that matter. I feel like they should all be around the A-B tier strength that we have now with there only being slight differences in strength. But right now if you took a current nurse or spirit, say l compared to say a current trapper or clown, you'd bet on the spirit or nurse every time. Because the strength difference is so massive. I'd like to have all killers feel like they were strong and decent in their own ways with their own playstyles. Which seems to be what they're going for.

I think the bonuses to making certain perks work on powers will already help some killers like legion, plague, huntress. Not in ways to make them overpowered, but it does give them more build options, which could make them slightly stronger. But it's a good direction to bring closer to the same strength as others.

Here's my concerns for Behavior though.... You move to slow for these changes. What I mean by that, is that higher ranks you really only see a handful of killers already, those being nurse spirit and blight, with occasionally getting other killers that just get stomped. Well now it'll only be two killers. Because with the nerfs, I don't feel that spirit will be able to hold her own like she could before in higher ranks. So it's just going to make those ranks even more stale for higher level survivors as they'll only play against two killers mainly. But you can't just nerf the other two as well, because then all killers would just get stomped into the ground most games. Because killers are being nurfed, but survivors and their add-ons and items aren't. And the small quality of life changes you're making to obsolete hex totems aren't going to make up for that difference.

So the scales the higher you go in MMR, are going from being slightly survivor sided to massively survivor sided. And you're going to have this period of time where killers aren't going to want to play because they already know it's pointless, they know the outcome already, and 90% of their games are just gonna be matches where they get stomped.

Now if these changes were coming with some slight survivor nerfs to where it evened the playing field for both sides still, it'd be fine. But y'all are too slow for that. And I see a bit of a dark patch for killers coming to DBD.

Comments