Resolution has been lowered after newest patch 5.2.2

It seems that currently it looks to me (visually) I am playing at 720p resolution or lower. Even though I should be playing at 2k. Ini file is ok and set to 2k - but the image remains blurry as hell after this patch and I can't seem to fix it. ideas?

Capture1.JPG


Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Same problem here , before the patch resolution was 1080p , After the patch it looks like 720p

  • Thank God I am not alone! Someone else in the forum on Steam confirms he has the same issue. 3 ppl so far then confirmed.

  • @MrHashtagYT said:

    I cant fix it i try and change it in GameSettings.ini but i cant

    this guy seems to have the same problem, he says he fixed it

  • If you're using fullscreenmode=1 then this game, as always because that's how borderless fullscreen mode works, uses your desktop settings and all other settings are completely ignored. This means it doesn't matter what you add/change to gameusersettings.ini for resolution settings they're ignored, you can fill them with gibberish or leave blank and it makes zero difference. This is the default fullscreen mode and you can only change to =0 by editing GameUserSettings.ini manually.

    If you're using fullscreenmode=0 then these lines and their values are used and DO matter:

    ResolutionSizeX=

    ResolutionSizeY=

    Save file normally, do not use Read-only that's a meme.

    Edit: Worth nothing if you use Low or Medium the game changes sg.ResolutionQuality from =100.000000 to =67.000000 so I would manually adjust the =67.000000 to =100.000000 in GameUserSettings.ini as well so it looks like this:

    sg.ResolutionQuality=100.00000

  • Thanks a lot ! That fixed my game and now I can again tunnel survivors without my eyes melting :D

  • @forthelulz said:

    If you're using fullscreenmode=1 then this game, as always because that's how borderless fullscreen mode works, uses your desktop settings and all other settings are completely ignored. This means it doesn't matter what you add/change to gameusersettings.ini for resolution settings they're ignored, you can fill them with gibberish or leave blank and it makes zero difference. This is the default fullscreen mode and you can only change to =0 by editing GameUserSettings.ini manually.

    If you're using fullscreenmode=0 then these lines and their values are used and DO matter:

    ResolutionSizeX=

    ResolutionSizeY=

    Save file normally, do not use Read-only that's a meme.

    Edit: Worth nothing if you use Low or Medium the game changes sg.ResolutionQuality from =100.000000 to =67.000000 so I would manually adjust the =67.000000 to =100.000000 in GameUserSettings.ini as well so it looks like this:

    sg.ResolutionQuality=100.00000

    Thank you sir that worked as well for me!!!

  • @molatheshape said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/281717/resolution-set-to-x-1408-y-738

    this guy seems to have the same problem, he says he fixed it

    i fixed it mate dont worry ;)