High latency since MMR?

As the title says, ever since MMR was enabled I keep getting 190+ ping lobbies, where as I'd normally get 30-60 ping lobbies all the time, sometimes I'd get a 120+ lobby, from which I'd back out and then queue again, and get a 30-60 ping lobby.


I have to back out from these high latency lobbies several times before I get a normal green 30-60 ping lobby, and I'm talking about leaving about 7 to 12 lobbies before I get a normal ping lobby.


I'm from South America, but I've had a few friends on discord tell me that they play in North America, and they're also getting high latency lobbies a lot since MMR, and this is regardless of playing as killer, or playing as survivor.


Is anyone else experiencing this? Are we suddenly experiencing an influx of VPN users trying to find "easy matches" in other regions or something? Maybe the servers are kerfloofed?


It's honestly rather annoying to have to back out from lobbies many times to get a normal latency lobby, and many players during the lobby chat have also complained about the latency before backing out to try and find other lobbies.

Comments

  • I only got it for somewhere up to 10 matches, can't remember the exact amount, but just over 200 ping was the most I got. Most of them hovered at, or just under, 200 ping. It went back to normal afterwards though, I thought it may have just been a server issue.

    I have read another topic on these forums about vpn in 2021 so there must be more being noticed for the post to have been created.

    Hope it sorts itself out soon for you, I know high ping can lead to some weird, possibly miserable games.