Got teachable from bloodweb after getting it from the shrine, wasted BP/Shards
Basically title - I got territorial Imperative from this week's shrine, then got the same teachable from lvl 35 bloodweb from huntress- i basically wasted either 5000 bp or 2k shards, since getting the teachable the 2nd time did absolutely nothing afaik
Comments
If you look at each killer’s profile/lore, you can see what their 3 teachable are. Territorial Imperative belongs to Huntress which is why you unlocked it when you leveled her up.
Unfortunately, because you bought it from the shrine first, there’s really no effect from unlocking it on Huntress.
However, for future reference, IF you had unlocked it on Huntress first, then you could still have bought it in the Shrine and received bloodpoints instead of the perk since you already own it. This is essentially a way of converting shards to bloodpoints.
Before buying anything else from the Shrine, double check and assess whether you own the character that the perk comes from. If you do, there’s no point in buying the perk since you’ll eventually unlock it anyway. Save up those shards for buying characters or buying perks from characters that require real money to get.
That makes sense, but I still feel like ive been robbed - why did the game let me get the teachable from the bloodweb if I already had it? especially since i'm effectively down the drain either 2k shards or 150000 bp
The bloodweb is pregenerated, and doesnt change at all until its complete, upon which another generates
Believe me I absolutely understand the feeling of buyer’s remorse. As for WHY it could happen, my best guess is that the store has no interaction with your character pool or bloodweb progress. They are probably two programs that are separate and apart from each other. I suppose you could make the analogy of “why did it let me buy DBD on playstation when I already own it on PC?” And the answer is that there simply isn’t a check to prevent such things. I’ll admit, your situation is rare (first time I’ve heard of it in fact) so this probably isn’t seen as a programming need
As for a remedy, it wouldn’t hurt to reach out to customer service. No promises, but if you explain the situation then they might be willing to refund your shards or give you the 150k bloodpoints. Prepare yourself for a “no” so you’re not disappointed, And if that’s what you’re expecting then a “yes” will really make your day!