Fix the server/performance!!!
Community,
Can we make a list of all the non-balance related issues? Let's give the devs a set of key bullet points that need to be addressed and fixed. Request a patch that focuses solely on bugs without making balance adjustments that introduce new issues.
Have never dc'd from this game since I bought it. I have a stable and decent internet connection. Yet somehow I have received enough DC penalties recently that I'm getting locked out if my game for more than a little break.
I can handle if it's an error that just boots us out, but it's getting real annoying to deal with these timeouts on top of performance issues.
Deadhard freezes frames
Survivors nurse blink/lose visual while sync catches up
Audio crackles/stutters/pops in and out while playing survivor
Readying a power causes laggy frames
Multiple survivor dc cause stuttering and rollback
Matches abruptly end, tally score and emblems, shows no DC, and then I get a penalty returning to lobby
Comments
I don't want to beat up on BHVR (not saying you are, just speaking for myself) but on PC over the last week or two I also have seen a strangely high number of "disconnected from server" issues after a match, a match not starting because of an apparent disconnect by someone else, and the occasional DC that doesn't seem intentional. Once in a while there are pretty jarring lag spikes as well - not as consistent as they were a couple of months ago (I'd say they happen for about ten or twenty seconds maybe once per 2-6 hour sessions for me) but they still happen.
Console players still have it worse I'm sure but yeah, I can vouch for some PC issues. Don't know why I'm getting the 8XXX error so much lately. OH, I also got my first BSOD while playing the game which is as worst-case scenario as it gets (short of my rig exploding and killing me and everyone I love). Got an automated report request and everything. That's never happened in my 6 months and 700 hours with the game. Happened EXACTLY as I crossed the escape line in a match with a farming Wraith. I think that even the game couldn't comprehend the possibility of a Wraith game that wasn't profoundly cheap. Zing! Take THAT Wraith players!
Yeah not trying to bash on them, just think these are some major issues that require a fix focused patch without balance adjustments with the potential of creating more problems.
Yeah, the performance complaints are legit. I just feel kind of bad for them because I think that a lot of crap has been happening in their game in such a short amount of time. Of course I feel worse for the players who can't enjoy the game that they paid for, but I mean this has just been an entire summer of bugs for the company during what should have been their proudest moment.
RCPD sucks ass performance wise - compared to other maps - on bad computers .
(Yes I know, on bad computers the game is supposed to work worse, HOWEVER every other map is atleast playable. This map stutters the moment I start walking and turning)
This basically means I have 1/36 of not being able to play the game (-map offerings ofc)