Cenobite: Good survivors dodging the chain attack

So I noticed that good survivors can very easily dodge my chain attacks. They just quickly move to the side before getting hit by it. There is no way to correct the chain after this and I miss.

How do you deal with this? Right now I feel that Cenobite's power is useless against good survivors.

Comments

  • On mouse, you can flick a little bit at the end and get the hit. You need to sweep hard or have high sens.

    Also, try to teleport almost on top of them (not exactly on them or you can lose sight).

  • You generally will want to teleport basically on top of them. Trying to skillshot chains basically loses you the chase automatically if you miss. Survivor just gains too much ground

  • @Impose said:

    You generally will want to teleport basically on top of them. Trying to skillshot chains basically loses you the chase automatically if you miss. Survivor just gains too much ground

    This. Spawn the chain under their butt.

    Or fire the chain when they vault or want to drop a pallet. A bit like Pyramide Head or Nemesis.

    Another trick I learned: Fire the portal in front of them, do a 180 and fire the chain from there. Most survivors have trouble avoiding the chain when it comes from an unusual angle. Try not to get to predictable however, the more suprice your chain offers, then better your hits.

    My best shot so far: Aiming the portal behind the pallet, shooting it in their back while dropping it and then walking around the loop to hit them.

  • There's a lot of Nurse in the Cenobite. Place the portal super accurate and there's no space to dodge the chain if you fire immediately

  • After playing him alot (and being frustrated because haddnofun is still a thing) I feel like the speed boost the chain gets does more harm than good sometimes