Scourge Hook neutralized by Inner Strength?

Step 1 : Boot the game (duh?)

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, get hooked by killer using Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain

Step 4 : Get unhooked by fellow survivor, receive Mangled and Hemorrhage status effects

Step 5 : Go to locker and heal using Inner Strength

Step 6 : Exit locker, still have Mangled and Hemorrhage status effects, with no repair or healing penalties applied

Step 7 : Own up on Pinhead who is now down to 3 perks vs me and anyone else using Inner Strength

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

  • Character played : Feng Min (with correct pronunciation)
  • Perks played : Inner Strength, Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, don't remember the fourth
  • Map : Disturbed Ward? probably
  • Frequency of the issue : have not had time to replicate

Original text (before seeing the template)


I played vs. Pinhead the other day while using Inner Strength. He hooked me on a Scourge Hook, so when I was rescued I had the Mangled and Hemorrhage status effects. I ran to a locker and healed with Inner Strength, and when I got out I still had Mangled and Hemorrhage active, with no repair or healing penalty.


Considering the recent DS rework, it makes sense that the game would recognize a closet heal differently than a hands-on heal. If you heal outside the closet, DS goes away. If you heal inside the closet with Inner Strength, it doesn't.


I believe this distinction is causing Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain to be essentially neutralized by Inner Strength. Since you never complete a "heal," the penalties never kick in, and having Mangled and Hemorrhage while healthy doesn't negatively affect the survivor.


I don't have Pinhead so I can't test/replicate. Anyone else experience this?


Platform: XBOX One

Tagged: Pending

Comments