Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain is actually quite decent for slowdowns builds and here's why.

The moment I saw this perk I wanted to make a slowdown build, this perk gives only positives into a slowdown build.

Scourge hooks: gift of pain

Thanatophobia

Dying light

Agitation (can be changed if you which but I use it to make sure I always reach my scourge hooks)


The build simply works because no matter what survivors do, they get slowed down.

They don't heal? they have the Thanatopobia debuff AND Dying light debuff, + they are 1 shot, they are slower and they are at higher risk.

They heal? they have a even bigger slow down which also stacks with Dying light, injured +1 stack of dying light = 8% slower + 1 shot.

They heal = 12% slower + if there's other survivors injured it can stack up to 27% with just 1 stack of dying light and 3 injured, that one survivor alone will be 27% slower with 3 others injured, while the other 3 are 18% slower already.

Each time you hook a survivor that isn't the obsession you get another stack making this combo more and more effective each time, healing the scourge hook survivor is slower each time, the slowdown gets worse each time.

It is a constant slowdown build up which never goes away, they are constantly slowed down without any way to remove this effect, the more you hook, the slower they constantly get, they don't heal they are slow, they heal they are slow, mixing healing and injured, it makes it even worse for them.


I am currently using this build on Deathslinger and i've been pretty successful with it so far.


I really recommend you try this build out and let me know what your experience has been with this build.


Thanks for reading and always slow survivors down.

Comments

  • It sounds like a lot of fun, honestly. I just need all those perks on one killer and I can try it out.

  • Too bad we can’t use it with Freddy’s slowdown add ons

  • 4 perk slots just for a not always possible 27% slowdown build that starts to work after 3 prove thyself gens in a new matchmaking where perks are everything? I don't know

    I find Hex: Plaything pretty interesting instead, it looks like a Pig RBT

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    4 perk slots just for a not always possible 27% slowdown build that starts to work after 3 prove thyself gens in a new matchmaking where perks are everything? I don't know

    I find Hex: Plaything pretty interesting instead

    Hey atleast it can replace sloppy somewhat.

  • I would ditch dying light

    With it's win more properties, only working against 2-3 survivors, giving survivors a buff to help deal with thana and mangled and the fact that slowdown stacks multiplicatively it is just not worth it.

    Add a regression perk to take advantage of all the slowdown instead if you want to be efficient