Goodbye DBD it was nice knowing you
I just turned off dbd on my xbox one x for the last time tonight after sitting in a killer lobby for over 20 mins thinking 'did I just spend 20 mins of my actual life waiting to play a game that at best looks and plays like I'm streaming a YouTube video of dbd at 240p over dial up Internet?' why yes.... Yes I did...
I've enjoyed the living ######### out of your game in the past on PC with the silky smooth fps and competitive gameplay and I sort of managed to convince myself over the last couple months that eh its not too bad on console right? But that spell was broken tonight when I realised that I'm losing my ######### on the nightly not because I'm being bested by superior players in a tense competitive match but because the gameplay on console is quite literally stanky warm garbage.
The game manages to maintain a staggering 30ish frames per second when the camera pans around your character at the start and that's ok i guess... provided you don't intend on taking any liberties like swinging your weapon as killer or being swung at as survivor, daring to enter bloodlust, activating lithe dead hard sprint burst or balanced landing, getting too close to another survivor or the killer, playing against or as the doctor in any capacity, running too fast, pulling down a pallet, throwing a hatchet... All of these actions will cause the game to temporarily stutter down to a halt but luckily these aren't important to the core of the game or anything right?
I'm aware there is set to be a patch for the console version in December and I love your game (on PC) so I'll for sure come back to check it out and if I see glorious 60fps and higher res textures with no stutters I'll plug the game straight back Into my veins once again... But if I see more of this choppy low res mess.... I'll do the F for respects thing and say my goodbyes.
HAPPY Red dead 2 week yall! Peace
I've enjoyed the living ######### out of your game in the past on PC with the silky smooth fps and competitive gameplay and I sort of managed to convince myself over the last couple months that eh its not too bad on console right? But that spell was broken tonight when I realised that I'm losing my ######### on the nightly not because I'm being bested by superior players in a tense competitive match but because the gameplay on console is quite literally stanky warm garbage.
The game manages to maintain a staggering 30ish frames per second when the camera pans around your character at the start and that's ok i guess... provided you don't intend on taking any liberties like swinging your weapon as killer or being swung at as survivor, daring to enter bloodlust, activating lithe dead hard sprint burst or balanced landing, getting too close to another survivor or the killer, playing against or as the doctor in any capacity, running too fast, pulling down a pallet, throwing a hatchet... All of these actions will cause the game to temporarily stutter down to a halt but luckily these aren't important to the core of the game or anything right?
I'm aware there is set to be a patch for the console version in December and I love your game (on PC) so I'll for sure come back to check it out and if I see glorious 60fps and higher res textures with no stutters I'll plug the game straight back Into my veins once again... But if I see more of this choppy low res mess.... I'll do the F for respects thing and say my goodbyes.
HAPPY Red dead 2 week yall! Peace
Comments
It is pretty fun.
That part doesn't make sense for me
Well that'ß been a bad decision if you ask me^^
I wouldn't play dbd on console either, but at least you got rdr now?
Only PC man.