Question about SBMM and Paragraph

So the SBMM is being released today as well as the Hellraiser paragraph. Usually when a new chapter drops you usually face the new killer in most of your games for the first 2 days.

My question is will anyone with high SBMM face any Hellraisers today? Since all killers have individual SBMM ratings I assume the Hellraiser will start with a low rating.

I might be misunderstanding something but I just had the thought while in work and wanted to ask.

Comments

  • Just play and see what’s gonna happen I guess. Nobody will tell us how SBMM works and it’s fine.

  • You still have a base-line killer MMR now, so you won't start with the lowest MMR the first time you play a killer, but it will still be your lowest killer MMR. So yeah the highest MMR survivors probably won't face any right away, but it shouldn't take long for the best killers who play him to catch up. I'd wager less than 10 games, for the killer, so give it a few hours if you really want to face him and think you have a very high survivor MMR.

    Though chances are your MMR isn't as high as you think. The whole point of MMR is that ranks didn't reflect skill. Rank 1 consisted of a wide range of skills. Basically a rank 1 could be anywhere in the top 30-20% of the player base, despite there being 20 ranks (so it should be top 5% if all things were equal and accurate).

  • @Seraphor said:

    You still have a base-line killer MMR now, so you won't start with the lowest MMR the first time you play a killer, but it will still be your lowest killer MMR. So yeah the highest MMR survivors probably won't face any right away, but it shouldn't take long for the best killers who play him to catch up. I'd wager less than 10 games, for the killer, so give it a few hours if you really want to face him and think you have a very high survivor MMR.

    Though chances are your MMR isn't as high as you think. The whole point of MMR is that ranks didn't reflect skill. Rank 1 consisted of a wide range of skills. Basically a rank 1 could be anywhere in the top 30-20% of the player base, despite there being 20 ranks (so it should be top 5% if all things were equal and accurate).

    I know this I probably don't have the highest MMR but it was just a general question, not specifically about me. If he is as weak as people are trying to say then the high MMR survivors won't get the chance to face him.

    All of this doesn't matter anymore because apparently MMR isn't being added till tomorrow (just seen it in the patch notes).