SBMM and the Balancing Act

So some people's concerns here are mainly based around higher, tougher games that would make it less fun, or would result in them losing badly to extremely competitive opponents. There are a couple of questions which I don't think have been addressed regarding this:

1. If SBMM works, then those who are thrown into near-impossible matches at the start would quickly end up against equally skilled players. If this is the case, then within a short time, what would be the likelihood of everyone ultimately being at the level which suits them?

2. There has been a some talk of "deranking" on purpose, for various reasons, so they can either have chilled, less sweaty, or plain easier games. A lot has been spoken about how higher-skilled players, but it's not been thoroughly addressed as to how newer or less-able players would take this, bearing in mind the bullying that has gone on in the past because of this. What are their opinions of this action and how would it affect the overall status of the game.

Personally, if I just play as normal, rather than manipulating a system I don't fully understand how it works, and SBMM works as intended, I reckon I would find my ultimate sweet spot much quicker than trying to play the system. Plus, by not deliberately exploiting it, I feel I wouldn't be ruining it for others who maybe are less experienced. My own views, but would be interesting to know how others feel of these perspectives.

Comments