Range to trigger killer instinct from demo's activated portals??

The wiki states:

The Demogorgon is one of 25Killers currently featured inDead by Daylight . It was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XIII: Stranger Things, a Chapter DLC released on 17 September 2019, which will only remain available for purchase until 17 November 2021, after which the Chapter will be leaving the Realm of The Entity. It originates from the 2016 Sci-Fi-Horror Web Television series Stranger Things. 1 Overview 2 Lore 3 The Demogorgon's Perks 4 Load-out 4.1 Weapon: Barbarous Claw 4.2 Power: Of the
  • All Survivors within a close proximity to any activated Portals will be indicated by Killer Instinct.

It doesn't state exactly how close you have to be.

I asked a streamer that was playing Demo at the moment and he said 8 meters.

Just wanted confirmation here. Seems a bit more than I initially thought.

Comments

  • No, it's not much. I believe around 2-4 metres away from the portal itself, but could be wrong - it's certainly not 8 metres, that would make Demo's portals actually good at detection.

  • @Altarf said:

    No, it's not much. I believe around 2-4 metres away from the portal itself, but could be wrong - it's certainly not 8 metres, that would make Demo's portals actually good at detection.

    yea 8 meters seems like a big range, but I don't play demo so i dunno.

  • That excerpt might need some rephrasing, but I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for: Portal effects apply within a range of 4 metres by default. Killer instinct is technically a portal effect.