Lord Xylum's Chapter Compendium

Hello, fellow readers and creators 👋

This is going to be my neatly-constructed compilation of my past and future creations, granting ease-of-access to everyone that would like some good reads. I hope you all find something you like.

The posts will descend from earliest to most recent, and I'll even add some notes periodically. Enjoy!


[Dead By Daylight: Supernatural]

@Lord_Xylum said:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3XQ6PQBPL2UZ/rs-1024x759-190516141226-1024-2-supernatural-ch-051619.jpg

Now I know what you're thinking; "This is a pretty badass idea!" And you'd be right. So, I spent the last couple hours devising perks for good ol' Dean and Sam, balancing them out as best I could and coming up with names for said perks. I decided not to include a new Killer or map, but if you have suggestions for either of those, or perhaps suggestions for perk buffs/nerfs/reworks, feel free to say so in the comments :)

Survivor: Dean Winchester

Perks:

[Big Brother]

"You keep a watchful eye over those closest to you."

The aura of the Obsession is revealed and shared between you both at all times, and where their aura would be revealed to the Killer, reveal your aura instead. Big Brother has a cooldown of 60/45/30 seconds when activated. Reduces your chance of becoming the Obsession. If you become the Obsession, this perk deactivates.

[Demon Hunter]

"The Entity has acknowledged your willingness to face dark forces."

For every time you stun, blind or lightburn the Killer, gain a token up to a max of 1/2/3 tokens. Each token spent causes a blocked window to open up for an additional vault. Vaulting speed is increased by 5%.

[Death Is Our #########]

"When salvation is within reach, you risk life and limb to ensure everyone's safety, even at the risk of your own."

You become the Second Obsession.

Once the Exit Gates have been powered, your aura is revealed to the Killer indefinitely and you become Exposed for 80/70/60 seconds. Within this time, if you are within the Killer's terror radius, all other Survivors also within the terror radius at the same time as you are granted the Endurance status effect, causing Deep Wound upon mortal injury. If you are downed at any point, this perk deactivates. If multiple Survivors possess this perk, it applies only to one at random.

Survivor: Sam Winchester

Perks:

[Calculating Planner]

"Your insight gives you an advantage into leads and objectives."

Gain a Rare/Very Rare/Ultra Rare Map when searching your first chest. Increases aura-reading ranges of maps and other perks by 5%/10%/15%

[Insane Is What We Do]

"Your fortitude in dire situations can open more options for you."

While on the Killer's shoulder, if the Killer passes through an unused pallet, press the Interaction button to throw down the pallet, breaking it and stunning the Killer. Succeeding results in you becoming the Obsession and suffering the Oblivious status effect for 60 seconds. Once activated, this perk cannot be used again.

[Light Warden]

"No matter the cost, you clear the way for everyone's escape."

Once the Endgame Collapse has begun and you are hooked, this perk activates. For the next 20/30/40 seconds, the Endgame Collapse is halted, and the auras of all Survivors are revealed to eachother. If you are the last Survivor in the trial and have not been hooked prior to using this perk, you immediately unhook yourself instead of applying the original effect.

(Note: This was my very first full-fledged concept. I could never decide on a Killer, so I settled for focusing just on Sam and Dean. Also, funny enough, this was before I learned about the profanity filter. I didn't really want to fix it though.)


[Wrath of the Queen Chapter]

@Lord_Xylum said:

[Final Edit: 12/23/2020]

———————————————

NEW KILLER: The Hive

An overpowering Killer, The Hive utilizes Survivor assets against them in hindering and distressing ways, using her power: "Hive Mind".

Base Speed: 4.4m/s

Terror Radius: 24m

Height: Tall

Characteristics: Humanoid/Bug hybrid body, thin insect wings possibly usable for brief flight, mantis-like mandibles across the face, black hexagonal pupils, human hands and feet displaying infestation, elongated wasp stinger protruding through the right palm is used as the basic attack weapon.

*Special Ability: [Queen's Touch]

Using the Power button on a locker, pallet, chest or window vault will activate different effects. The Hive possesses 10 tokens standardly and only gains tokens upon hooking Survivors.

—Activating Queen's Touch on a window vault will infest it. Any survivors interacting with it will become 'Swarmed', suffering the Blindness & Hindered status effects for a short duration, whilst having insects cover the Survivor's screen.

—Activating Queen's Touch on a chest will trap it with a lurking swarm. When a Survivor opens the chest, they will immediately become Swarmed and will have their aura revealed for 10 seconds.

—Activating Queen's Touch on a locker will plant a Nest within. The Hive may teleport from Nest to Nest when interacting with it again. Survivors can attempt to search and purge a locker of its Nest by slow-entering the locker. If a Survivor fast-enters the locker, the Nest traps the Survivor within for a short time. Any Survivor trapped or is purging a Nest is shown with Killer Instinct.

—Activating Queen's Touch on a pallet, even if upright, will cover it in Termites. Termites will consume the pallet after 3 minutes. If the pallet is upright, Survivors can purge the Termites by holding the Interaction button. If the pallet has been used and is vaulted while still covered in Termites, the Survivor will be injured and will suffer the Hemorrhage status effect. Survivors cannot be downed by vaulting infested pallets. The Hive cannot place Termites on a thrown pallet.

*Special Attack: [Queen's Strike]

Holding the Power button will charge Queen's Strike. When released, The Hive will fire a forward-flying swarm of venomous bees at a range of 16 meters. This attack takes 2.5 seconds to charge. For every infested window, pallet or locker, increase the range of Queen's Strike by 2 meters, with a maximum range of 36 meters.

—Queen's Strike cannot pass through obstacles standardly, but can pass through windows and pallets. If all 10 tokens are in play, Queen's Strike will pass through obstacles.

—If a Survivor is injured by Queen's Strike, they become Swarmed for 10 seconds.

If a Survivor is downed by Queen's Strike, the Swarmed status will remain until 15 seconds after the Survivor has been healed from the dying state, or until hooked.

*PERKS*

[Track Your Prey]

"Your hunger allows you to strip away any means of hiding."

When you search a locker, any Survivors within 8/10/12 meters of a locker will scream and suffer the Oblivious status for 20/30/40 seconds.

If a Survivor is hiding inside a locker when this perk activates, once they exit the locker, their aura will be revealed to the Killer for 10/15/20 seconds, on top of the Oblivious status effect.

[Jaws of Death]

"In this realm of darkness, you reach into the void and call to block the light."

Unless there is 1 Survivor in the trial, once the hatch has spawned, call upon The Entity to block the hatch for 60/120/180 seconds. Reveal the auras of Survivors within 24 meters of the hatch.

[Horde's Wrath]

"With great will comes great strength. The Entity beckons you forth."

For every generator completed, gain 3 tokens, up to a max of 3/6/9 tokens.

For every token consumed by OTHER perks, consume a token of Horde's Wrath instead.

*KILLER LORE*

[Arcus: 7667]

"I gazed into the Fog again, pondering the minds of the Killers I've been watching. Do they retain their thoughts, contrary to the Survivors after trials? Do they feel pity? I've watched some even show traits of mercy, though most were only feigning it. Some seemed to enjoy playing with their prey, more than actually killing them. I have access to so much knowledge here, access to the private memories locked away inside so many, and yet....the question remains unanswered; do the Killers feel? Do they feel anything other than bloodlust, rage, and a devout duty to serve the Entity?

Another fissure opened in my quarters. I step forward and I view a woman, a survivor, being pursued by poor Talbot. She turns, stares me in the eyes, almost as if she was somehow acknowledging my presence. Before I could take a sip of my cup, she lunges herself through the fissure and knocks me over. Talbot rushes, but is too late; the fissure seals itself behind her. Too many events happening too suddenly. I spring up to my feet, take her hand and lift her up as well. For a moment, silence, then a question I have been asking myself since I arrived who knows how long ago: "What is this place?"

[Arcus: 7668]

Claire....Claire White. Born of a royal bloodline from Ireland, as old as the land itself, she says. She begins asking a number of questions of which I don't have all the answers. "Thanks for saving me, I guess, how did you do that anyhow?" The fissure? I explained the phenomenon with them and how her arrival caught me by surprise. No one else has ever been here, at least not since I arrived. Claire ascends up the stairs, gazes out the looking glass and into the eternal Fog, beckons me: "Looks to me like you could leave any time. I don't see any freaks out there." Escaping this prison is simply an occasional fantasy now, and I insist to her that venturing out into the Fog would be far too dangerous, and no doubt perilous. Claire just...smirks, opens the front doors to the sanctuary, and vanishes from sight.

[Arcus 7669]

I've grown so accustomed to being alone that Claire's presence muddied my mind, but it was so pleasant to speak to another human being after all this time in solitude. She returned from the Fog yesterday, and brought with her one of those infernal pustula flowers, rithing and decaying rapidly yet still possessing a faint orange glow. "Doesn't look like any flower I've ever seen, at least not until ending up here." Claire says. I hold the flower and explain what I know of them, as well as mentioning the fate of Talbot Grimes. She listens with a certain look, not of curiosity or bewilderment, but of...disappointment. Claire snatches the flower back and laughs. "So, this little flower is what birthed that deranged psycho that chased me? Weak-minded is what I say." Perhaps she's right. Perhaps Talbot was onto something, before his own ambition drove him mad. Perhaps I'm starting to sound like him. Perhaps....no...no. I should rest...

[Arcus 7670]

Another fissure opened itself to us; a dark place, dimly lit, almost like a cave. Claire approaches but I grab her shoulder. She shrugs me off quickly. "You're far too afraid of the unknown. Maybe that's why you're stuck here." I didn't know what to say. Before I could say anything, Claire takes a lantern and steps through the fissure. One, two, three, four steps in. Nothing. She turns, winks at me, then shouts "See? What did I tell you? There's noth-" 5th step crushes an oval-shaped object; makes a squishy sound. Loud, rapidly growing buzzing followed. In that moment, I step forward, reach through the fissure and yell for Claire to come back, to grab my hand, but as I pull her back through the fissure, the swarm followed. I closed my eyes and braced for a painful death, but after a moment of nothing, I opened my eyes. Then I saw. A queen bee, pollinating the dying pustula flower. Claire stands and runs, bursting through the sanctuary doors. The swarm pursues. I get up and give chase, but the doors lock behind them, encasing itself in the Entity's veins.... Her screams will haunt me forever. Claire....I'm sorry.

NEW SURVIVOR: John Reed

Characteristics: Mid-length black hair, pale skin, Dutch background and tone, default clothing consists of a snow-white, slightly worn hoodie (hood up over head), grey-ish jeans with black & white sneakers/boots, mid-20s, body language in menus displays observation and caution.

*PERKS*

[Helping Hand]

"Survival doesn't always have to be a solo game, at least in your eyes."

Performing Cooperative actions with other Survivors increases your rate of recovery for all status effects by 10%/20%/30%

[Bullseye]

"If your years in the wilderness have taught you anything, it's that the hunter can just as easily become the hunted."

Once per trial, searching a chest will grant you a Slingshot with 1 charge. Successfully headshotting the Killer will stun them for 4/5/6 seconds, reveal your aura for 20 seconds, and make you the Obsession. You cannot bring any Slingshots out of the trial.

[Hex: Reversal]

"A Hex rooting itself on determination, emitting a strangely calming energy amongst the user."

Once per trial, cleansing a Dull or Hex Totem while this perk is equipped will transform it into a Hope Totem, emitting a blue flame and granting Survivors the Endurance status effect for 1 health state when within 8/16/24 meters of the totem.

If the Killer finds the Hope Totem, they can curse the totem with the Interaction button, reverting it back to a Dull Totem. When a Hope Totem is cursed by the Killer, all Survivors suffer the Oblivious status effect for 60 seconds.

*SURVIVOR LORE*

"My son, never forget where you came from." These were the last words that John would hear from his father, Edmond, a soldier serving his country honorably. Edmond was granted leave to take care of his only son after John's mother mysteriously vanished on a certain island venture.

Luckily for John, his father took the time they had together to train him in a few survivability tactics, but did not forget to be the father-figure that he knew John needed. Once young-adult John realized that Edmond was not returning home, he was forced to take hold of his life, jumping from odd jobs, though a lingering state of depression and loneliness haunted him.

When John reached his 21st year, he had finally begun building an impressive resume; from a hunting apprentice, to a machinist, to even a volunteer firefighter. Anything to support the small town he resided in. He even found himself a companion, a month before his 23rd birthday.

By his 25th year, his life was complete. He lived modestly and happily with his wife, until he recieved a letter in the mail, sent by an "Edmond Reed", with specific instructions for John to meet him at a remote expedition site. Despite his wife's insisting, John felt compelled to answer this call.

"Has my father truly returned?" He asked himself in his head again and again along the drive. No vehicle but his own upon reaching the site. Something is wrong, John told himself. But his thoughts were cut short. There he stood. Edmond Reed, standing at the foot of a vacant cave. As John approached, the gaping maw seemed to enlarge, almost as if...it was reaching to grab him. And that's exactly what it did.

John's wife pleaded with everyone she could, but nobody could ever recollect that the abandoned expedition site ever existed.

(Note: This was the chapter that got the most attention out of them all, and I'm thankful for that. It spurred me to continue writing here. I've always believed a bug-person Killer would be terrifying.)


[Assassins From The Void Chapter]

@Lord_Xylum said:

"There exists a myth, a whisper, a rumor that some can communicate with The Fog, as if it speaks to them in a tune inaudible to everyone else. It grants these unique individuals unspeakable insight, but not always without taking something in return. Sometimes.... sometimes The Fog extracts a terrible price..."

-------------------------------------------------

[KILLER: The Whisperer]

Terror Radius: 16m

Speed: 4.4m/s

Height: Tall

Male & Female options (similar to Legion)

Corrupt Killers, The Whisperers beckon the cold embrace of the Fog and the Fog answers, granting seamless map-traversal and relentless pressure.

Their personal perks; Zero Restraint, Reaper's Mark and Bitter End help to juggle groups of Survivors in a pinch, while punishing Survivors for being greedy in your presence.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YED8AVMC6M1F/screenshot-20210716-131631-gallery.jpg

(This is a vague interpretation of The Whisperer's ideal appearance, as I have no drawing capabilities)

POWER: Mistwalker

When The Whisperer is in play, the map is perpetually shrouded in thick fog. Reagent offerings can directly affect the intensity of the fog, which can help to conceal or reveal The Whisperer.

Hold the Power button to dissolve your physical form and become one with The Fog, traveling at an increased total of 6m/s. Hold the Power button again to emerge from The Fog over 2.5 seconds. Mistwalker has a cooldown of 20 seconds.

When mistwalking, you have no Terror Radius, but emit frenzied whispers that Survivors can hear. (8 meters from your position)

Special Attack: Void Strike

After landing a successful Basic Attack, gain a token. Hold the Ability button to immediately dash forward in Mistwalker form for up to 2 seconds, passing through all objects and immediately reappearing in physical form. This can be cancelled early if needed. Max token amount is 3.

Special Ability: Wormholes

Throughout the Trial, Wormholes will open up within the Fog. There are 4 Wormholes open at any given time, and they dissipate periodically, reappearing in random locations.

The Whisperer may use these wormholes to teleport around the map, by holding the Interaction button while looking at another wormhole. Survivors may also use the wormholes, but the location they reappear in is completely random. A distinct sound is made to announce the arrival of The Whisperer or a Survivor.

Traversing wormholes has a cooldown; 30 seconds for Survivors, 20 seconds for The Whisperer.

[PERKS]

Zero Restraint

Upon starting a chase with two Survivors within 10/15/20 seconds of eachother, your next Basic Attack will suffer no movement speed penalty upon hit. The recovery animation will still occur. This has a cooldown of 60/50/40 seconds.

Reaper's Mark

For every time you hook a Survivor, gain a token. Upon your next Basic Attack hit, apply the Exhausted status effect for 4/5/6 seconds.

Bitter End

For every Survivor being hooked for the first time, gain a token. Once all 4 tokens are acquired, Bitter End activates. All generators within your Terror Radius automatically begin regressing at 80%/90%/100% speed when not being repaired. Generators within your Terror Radius are highlighted in white.

-------------------------------------------------

[SURVIVOR: The Observer]

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XLXFE3KAF83M/observerface.png

"For years, perhaps decades, I stared into the Auris, watching the lives of others who've entered this realm, like my own personal movie theater. Often times they were more like snuff films. With each memory I witnessed, I pieced together the lost fragments that detail The Entity. I had the eyes of hundreds in the palm of my hand, and yet only now do I see. The Trials are the lifeblood; the pulsing veins; the beating heart of the monster...

If I am to be free, I must suffer, and The Entity has sent its most terrifying creation to ensure I do. The power of the Auris will safeguard my soul from oblivion, but not from pain."

[PERKS]

Auris Wisdom

This perk is usable 1/2/3 times per trial.

Placing an equipped item inside of a chest will upgrade its rarity, as well as refill all of its charges.

Auris Strength

For every time you or another Survivor is hooked, gain a token, up to a max of 3/4/5 tokens.

For each token, hold the Interaction button next to a destroyed pallet to construct a new, upright pallet in its place.

Auris Mortality

Once the Exit Gates are powered, this perk can be activated by pressing the Ability button.

Once activated, all other Survivors are instantly healed 1 health state. Your aura is then revealed to the Killer indefinitely, you can be killed when downed, and you cannot leave through the Exit Gates for 60/50/40 seconds.

If you are killed or sacrificed after activating this perk, all other Survivors suffer from the Exposed status effect for 180 seconds. (3 minutes)

(Note: This one is special. The idea behind this chapter was to give creative weight and story to the Fog Whisperer Program. It adds something new, fun, and incorporates the great people on the team into some believable lore.)


-----Continued in comments-----

Comments

  • [The Warframe Paragraph]

    @Lord_Xylum said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HZHGCYBVFAKQ/stalker-cdx.png

    The Stalker (Shadow Stalker)

    Terror Radius: 32m

    Speed: 4.6m/s

    Height: Average/Tall

    Weapon: War

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ELIPJJP4Z9TG/sentientstalker.png

    (In-game Codex image of Shadow Stalker wielding the War greatsword)

    A pursuing Killer, The Stalker hunts Survivors relentlessly with cunning, precision, and vengeance, with the help of his power: Death Mark.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NBSY7PUEIU3I/2a7de2abb7f0ccd13d1ca7223fec6b1d.png

    [POWER] Death Mark

    At the beginning of the Trial, The Stalker starts with 1 token. Tokens regenerate on their own over time. Hooking a Survivor immediately grants you a token.

    Tokens can be spent to activate any of his several special abilities when necessary, or saved for a very powerful ability once a max of 5 tokens has been acquired.

    Special Attack 1: Slash Dash

    Holding the Power button and clicking the Attack button consumes 1 token to activate Slash Dash, an almost instant forward rush that depletes 1 health state upon hit. Slash Dash lasts for 2.5 seconds by default, and can break thrown pallets. The Stalker emits a screech when Slash Dash activates.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5USU5T0KRC9P/230410-20191221105401-1.png

    Special Attack 2: Exalted Blade

    Holding the Power button and clicking the Active Ability button will cause The Stalker to raise his greatsword and roar. After this warning, he will then begin to swing his sword 3 times, launching sharp waves of energy each time; vertically, horizontally, and finally diagonally, ending with a moment of exhaustion. Each wave depletes 1 health state upon hit and carries on for 16 meters standardly. This consumes 1 token.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6AHVAO3BLA80/230410-20191221105441-1.png

    Special Ability: Teleportation

    Holding the Active Ability button by itself will consume 2 tokens. The Stalker will pose and channel his energy. The map will flicker with darkness and a sharp audio cue, after which The Stalker will vanish into smoke and reappear, kneeling underneath a random hook within 32 meters of a random Survivor outside of his Terror Radius.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O8J9QNAKFVAD/230410-20191221105458-1.png

    Final Ability: Hunhow's Gift

    Once all 5 tokens have been acquired, The Stalker can spend all of them to cast a flying orb that fires light beams in all directions, which have great reach.

    Survivors touched by the beams will immediately lose 1 health state, and can quickly be downed if they do not find cover before being hit again. The Stalker meditates for the first few seconds after casting Hunhow's Gift. The initial orb flies forward slowly and passes through all obstacles, but the damaging beams do not bypass obstacles.

    The Stalker telegraphs this attack with a sharp audio cue, and then his trademark line: "I AM YOUR RECKONING!"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TGE17EDLIMFA/screenshot-20210812-000139-gallery.jpg

    (Mirage's Prism ability in-game; the closest representation of the ability I could find.)

    [PERKS]

    Ferocious Strike

    For every 3/2/1 time(s) you are pallet-stunned or blinded, this perk activates.

    Your next Basic Attack will immediately destroy a targeted pallet or breakable wall.

    Adaptation

    You gain Bloodlust 10%/15%/20% faster.

    Bloodlust Tier 1 causes the Blindness status effect for the Survivor being chased.

    Bloodlust Tier 2 causes the Exhausted status effect.

    Bloodlust Tier 3 causes the Exposed status effect.

    Hex: Hand of Hunhow

    "A Hex rooting its power on the light."

    Every 180 seconds, this perk activates.

    While this perk is active, the next generator you kick is blocked by The Entity for 120/160/180 seconds, and regresses at the same time, at 50% speed.

    (Note: Now, this one was a little tricky, but I believe I succeeded in making a great Killer concept, regardless of the fact that Warframe and DBD are monstrously different games. I wanted to create a new, fun gameplay experience that Killers have been lacking as of late. It may not fit DBD seamlessly, but that's okay if it's fun and balanced, right?)