MMR Per Killer? Working as Intended?

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering, because if I remember correctly there was an MMR update that was supposed to make it so that each "Killer" has their own Rating that is used when determining what Survivors they go up against?

I thought the main purpose of this was to help balance better matches, and make it so even higher ranked Killers could play new Killers that they aren't very good with for example.

How is this working for you guys, does it feel like it's working as intended?

I'm asking because, both my Killer AND Survivor games lately have felt really messed up...

For example:

  1. I am Red Rank Killer, however, I've only played Trickster maybe a handful of times total, and so far I've only gotten 1K on him at best, but the rest of the matches have all been 4 Escapes.. my MMR on Trickster should be extremely low, but I am a Red Rank Killer, and whenever I play Trickster I always keep facing Red Rank SWF Teams where I stand no chance and they all escape easily.
  2. I Noticed a Trend where if I'm playing a Killer I'm new to (Trickster, Nemesis, Nurse, Blight, etc) I always seem to face Red Rank Survivors that 4 Escape, crush me, and often talk trash in the post lobby, however, if I play a Killer that I'm actually good on and know how to play which is the reason I'm Red Ranks, then Survivors just DC & Rage Quit halfway into the match. - It's like I either have to completely get crushed, or if I am doing even slightly well they just give up and DC. I swear it used to not be like this before!!
  3. I am usually Purple/Red Rank Survivor, I haven't played much lately so I am Green Rank now due to monthly resets, and when I play Survivor I keep noticing that I am facing Killers that are only using 1 PERK slot and barely know what they are doing, but my Survivor Teammates are SO bad that we still end up getting 4K'd somehow, or I end up escaping alone through the hatch... but I mean, at Rank 9! These Survivors are behaving like Rank 18-20 Survivors do at Green Ranks, I am so confused on what is going on. I haven't had a decent Solo Qeue Survivor match at all once lately, it's really making it less fun to even try to play. I remember at Green Ranks there used to be a certain quality already of the players you got on your team as Survivor - and I don't understand what happened but it is definitely not there anymore.
  4. On a Final Note, I'm not sure about you guys but I have also recently come across Actual Hackers more than once, as of Today both on Killer AND Survivor on my Team. The Killer match I reported and tried to send video of it to the proper channel on DBD website, though I still have not received any confirmation back from them or a response. The Survivor's today on my Team were all very friendly but I noticed they were hacking when I realized that they kept "Insta-Healing" each other and themselves throughout the match, without even having For the People perk equipped on any of them, and they were all doing it and even did it to me more than once. I was healing one of them and while I was healing them they insta-healed themselves up then insta-healed me immediately after from injured. I didn't bother reporting them this time cause it's a huge pain in the ass to do and I never got any response in weeks from my last hacker report. But up until recently (in my 4+ years of playing DBD) I have never ever seen Hackers in the game before, and it's happened to me 3 times in the last few weeks all the sudden.

So, I'm not really sure what is going on, the hacking I do believe is a brand new issue and somehow people are getting into it which is unfortunate.. but the other stuff I mentioned I don't really get... it just seems like every match is either impossible because of teammates/enemies or people just rage quit.

Am I the only one experiencing things like this? I been looking at the Forums and I haven't seen too many people complain or anything, is it just bad luck?

Why wouldn't the MMR system help me face weaker Survivors though for example on a Killer I've barely ever played and I'm terrible with?

And as Survivor, why are all the sudden Survivors playing like Rank 20s in Green Ranks? I mean they're constantly missing skill checks, they get downed instantly, they waste too much time walking around doing nothing, they aren't doing safe unhooks, or they leave you on the hook to die, I know this has always been a thing but I think usually by Green Ranks I noticed an improvement..

Comments

  • MMR is currently off.

    I forget if they have announced if/when it will return.

  • MMR system isn't on right now and they made an adjustment so all killer MMR is influenced by your killer MMR since if you are a top ranked Trapper you shouldn't be matched against brand new players on other killers you don't play.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    MMR is currently off.

    I forget if they have announced if/when it will return.

    Oh it is? Hm, well that would explain why I keep getting Sweaty SWF playing Trickster lol..

    But I still don't really get the other issues w/ matchmaking that I'm having.. did they also disable the DC penalty again? Asking only cause I've been getting so many rage quitters lately, last time that happened it was cause they removed the penalty.

  • It was only a test it's not on right now.

  • Afaik, its not activated right now. They usually, if not always tweet out or give some in game notification to it going live

    What you're see is how matchmaking has always worked depending on your local queue times. Like for me, night USA EST, rank is light suggestion than a rule. When then game screen comes up, it's usually a rainbow

  • @Crowman said:

    MMR system isn't on right now and they made an adjustment so all killer MMR is influenced by your killer MMR since if you are a top ranked Trapper you shouldn't be matched against brand new players on other killers you don't play.

    Fair, I feel like lately I've only faced Survivors that are playing to their absolute best, no matter which Killer I play.

    Maybe it's just me, or coincidental circumstance, but ever since the "first" MMR update (even if it is disabled now) I've not been placed up against any "chill" Survivors in Red Ranks... it used to be about 50/50 for me, half the time sweaty SWF and other half the time kind of more casual... now it's never casual anymore, I am slowly starting to want to stop playing both Killer and Survivor cause of it =/

  • MMR was tested for a week, it hasn't been on for a few weeks now.

    All of your issues are the result of regular old rank based matchmaking.

    You're getting sweaty survivors because you're red rank.