I crack my toes as well as knuckles, so as somewhat of an expert in the art of "cracking", I feel my input will be valuable ๐
It's caused by gases being released when bending the joints; the gas being nitrogen. It's why there is a delay between cracking, because the gas needs to build up again. Comes from a liquid sack at the joints.
This is pure guesswork, but my thinking for the ring finger being hard to crack is that that finger is not used as much as the others and, like a muscle, the more you use or test a part then the stronger it becomes. If this applies to the liquid sacks, then those sacks on more used joints ought to be larger and stronger, therefore storing more liquid; producing more gases.
I'm sure someone who is actually educated in the human body would either disprove me or be clearer in explanation, but my thinking at least makes a bit of sense.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
sometimes i push it too hard and my ring finger hurts for like 15 mins
I crack my toes as well as knuckles, so as somewhat of an expert in the art of "cracking", I feel my input will be valuable ๐
It's caused by gases being released when bending the joints; the gas being nitrogen. It's why there is a delay between cracking, because the gas needs to build up again. Comes from a liquid sack at the joints.
This is pure guesswork, but my thinking for the ring finger being hard to crack is that that finger is not used as much as the others and, like a muscle, the more you use or test a part then the stronger it becomes. If this applies to the liquid sacks, then those sacks on more used joints ought to be larger and stronger, therefore storing more liquid; producing more gases.
I'm sure someone who is actually educated in the human body would either disprove me or be clearer in explanation, but my thinking at least makes a bit of sense.