Fellow Survivors Body Blocking
So I'm still new to survivor, only rank 10 or so, and I keep having games where in dire situations my teammate, sometimes a random or a friend im in party with, will literally cause my DEATH by l ike stranding/running in front of me.
Like I didn't know this was a thing when I was maining killer and im like THIS close to wringing my friends neck. Every death I've had the last 3 games is from my friend just STANDING in my way when trying to go through a door or window, heck even a pallet, and I can't get through. So he'll literally save me, then stand in my way as killer comes and I cant get escape because his character is in my way.
How do I work around this? Is there a perk, or ANYTHING? Like it's feels like complete bufoonery that Im here with 3 unhooks, 2 totems, 2 gens done, 2 heals, opening the main gate, I got 1 hit on me--and JUST as the gates open my ******* FRIEND runs in front of me, body blocks me from getting into gate, and I get downed by Death Slinger. Like I went completely nuts on him for that I was so mad.
Comments
Communication is how you work around that. Tell him to get out of your damn way when you are being chased. Let him know the killer is on you and it’s safe for him to leave the area.
Btw, the term for what your friend is doing is considered “Sandbagging” in the DBD community. “Body Blocking” is actually a good thing in this game, and it’s when your teammates body block the killer from hitting you or putting you on a hook. Nine times out of ten that results in those teammates taking a hit.
Oh and the perk Bond helps you to see your teammates auras when they are within close proximity but you do not have line of sight. So if you see your friend hiding on the other side of the shack when you are going to loop it- tell him to ######### leave or get unfriended!
Block those friends and flame those randoms.
Chances are it's not being done purposely but a communication error like KerJuice said.
Survivors should not be running in front of you when you're being chased by killer and in danger of being downed. They should be running behind you to take a protection hit. In the case of them blocking your way, you might want to run Decisive Strike, which allows you to stun the killer temporarily if you're downed and picked up before you have a chance to heal or complete any other objective. Another good one mentioned above is Bond, which allows you to see the aura of all nearby survivors. It'd help you to avoid following them through a bad area if the line of sight is blocked. There's other perks that allow you to move faster, gain health states, make less noise, etc. that can help your odds in general as well. Just keep playing different survivors and seeing what they're about to learn what works best for you.
I had a game on some swamp map and my solo queue teammates blocked me three times. The killer tunneled me the whole game, didn't even try to hook anyone else, and three times they were the reason I went down, not the Bubba. He downed me four times but I wiggled because a brave Yui felt bad I kept getting tunneled and she took a hit for me.
I had another game where an injured Meg was running from a Legion, so I ran behind her. She threw the pallet which screwed me over, and I just stopped dead in my tracks, but so did the Legion. I looked at the Legion, then back to the pallet, then back to the Legion, then back to the pallet. Then she hit me, which made me laugh. We both were like, "can you believe this #########??"
Sadly, the more you play survivor, the more you'll realize your teammates do more harm than the killer. You could use Bond, that will help you always know where your ding dong teammates are, but if you're using comms, just plan ahead of time. If you're injured, tell him to just leave. Tell him you're taking the pallet or window and that he needs to just go. Or if he's in front of you, tell him not to throw the pallet, etc. He basically just needs to get better at the game. It sounds like he doesn't look behind himself in chase.
It would be funny if they had a perk that pushed them out of the way. But yeah, I just had that happen during my survivor daily. Couldn't tell if it was malicious or not. But I didn't want to play anymore, so we rolled the dice on slippery meat.
thank you all, ill try to get that Bond perk because its happened not jsut to me but another friend of ours. its us 3 usually playing together and whenever our friend unhooks us he just stands in our way and we cant get away and it results in just us getting downed again and going right back onto hook. ive started carrying Breakdown just so the hook breaks and HOPEFULLY i can wiggle free before the killer finds another hook
If it's your friend, you should just tell them that they're hurting the team when they play like that. Try offering some advice like running behind you to take aggro or only unhooking when it's safe. Maybe even running Borrowed Time.