Give us some Smash Bros.-esque hammers for the tome challenges

Dead by Daylight really needs a mechanic like the Super Smash Bros. hammers, so we can spend them to clear challenges that are frustrating or that we don't want to do (or are otherwise terminally hung up on). Maybe give everyone like 1-2 per month, at rank reset or something. Or maybe award one upon reaching the end of each tome page, I dunno.

These challenges like "Dwight the Brave" and "You, Yes, You" and "Six Feet Under" are just wantonly bad designs that either incentivize playing like a horrible person ("You, Yes, You" is basically asking you to tunnel one guy out of the game immediately, then systematically do it to everyone else hoping one of them brought Decisive Strike), playing like a useless teammate ("Dwight the Brave"), or just lucking into an impossible scenario ("Six Feet Under," "Dark Senses").

At least let us very selectively skip past some of them. There are eight tomes at this point. I just want to check them off my list.

Comments

  • This would actually be a pretty great idea! I think it'd be fair if you got one or maybe two for reaching the end of a tome level.

  • Thought you meant the in-game hammer item, and imagined various killers wildly flailing about with a hammer twice the size of their head, complete with chiptune theme.

    I wouldn’t be against it, but my completionist side wouldn’t let me use them, ever.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    Thought you meant the in-game hammer item, and imagined various killers wildly flailing about with a hammer twice the size of their head, complete with chiptune theme.

    I wouldn’t be against it, but my completionist side wouldn’t let me use them, ever.

    Eh, to each their own. Smash never MAKES you use hammers, but they are there for those truly insane challenges, if you really want to skip them. To me, it's a video game, so these aren't really accomplishments anyway. I'm more eager to just toss out the stuff that I feel is aggressively not respecting my time.

    Also, now I want a hammer item like you described too, just have Hillbilly hammering survivors into SPACE.

  • That wouldn't be a bad idea. Some of the challenges are ridiculous and I wouldn't have been able to complete them without SWF or an AFK killer.

    Since the game has gotten more aggressive, it makes those challenges even more of a nightmare to complete and honestly just makes the game much more frustrating as a whole.