Does watching the last survivor bleed out in the basement after closing the hatch bring any rewards?

I've been playing DBD for some time now and I've amassed around 230 hours into the game. At first I played casually with some friends as survivor around when i only had about 20 hours not really knowing anything about the game, but a couple months ago I started playing killer and I've played daily for about two months, and I ended up learning a lot about the game and getting rank 1 on a couple resets.

Lately I've started playing survivor more as well and I've noticed that so many killers tunnel and face camp, which personally I don't really have a problem against, I don't do them to others (aside from strategic tunneling/patrolling or to an extremely toxic survivor) but I dont really mind when it's done to me since I realise that's a way to play the game, I mean its a disappointment since i have to queue up again or have to do a challenge all over again, but since I'm also in green ranks I understand more players than usual will also play like that. When I first started I did tunnel thinking it was what most killers did since that's what seemed to happened when I played as survivor, I did learn how toxic it can be and since then the only times I've done it were either when it was deserved or when it was strategic.

Now I've been trying to get a couple of adepts and challenges, and all of my games I died tunneled on hook, which I more or less became numb towards, but this particular game that I've played, the Wraith I was playing against face camped and tunneled, which again not only did I expect but was also fine with, tho at the end, he carried me into the basement after closing the hatch in my face, dropped me in a corner and watched me bleed out from the other side of the basement, frankly it was funny, but a complete waste of time and it felt like an insult to my own time. Mind you I haven't done anything particularly toxic during the game, I didn't manage to even unhook anyone and the loops that I've done weren't particularly toxic either.

With that in mind I wondered what was going through the mind of that Wraith, watching me from the other side of the basement, which I know he didnt afk since I crawled towards him and he moved away. What kind of euphoria was running through his veins? And I thought maybe the killer is rewarded in some way for playing this way, and if thats the case, why is it rewarded? I personally feel like at that point I should be either allowed to give up the game or the killer should be somewhat penalized, because in that situation if I were to disconnect I would be penalized even though those were the most boring and confusing 4 minutes of my life.

Thank you for listening to my curiosity and I apologise if this has been asked a lot more often before.

Comments

  • You said yourself it was funny. Killers get up to some of their own shenanigans but,.... they're usually not really that fun.

    Hitting survivors repeatedly on hook, facecamp and nod, stuff like that. Just like survivors having their 'fun' things like flashlight clicking, teabagging at pallets, etc.

    I agree, though, that leaving the last survivor slugged is a bit over the top as it forces you to wait for the entire 4 minutes to bleed out. People will say you should just do something else for that time, of course, but it sucks nonetheless.