High Ranks Low Effort?
So I'm taking a break from Killer for a while and trying to play survivor more. I climbed to Rank 11 relatively easy but I'm noticing a confusing trend among higher rank survivors. Specifically rank like... 8-4. Small window I know, but its quite literally the high purple low red tiers that I notice doing this.
And by "this" I mean... NOTHING.
Like they don't do gens, they don't do unhooks, they dont heal... they aren't helping, at all. I wish I could say they're busy looping the killer, but from what I've watched the chase will last all of like 4 seconds and then they're downed. Not that I'm one to talk in terms of chases, I suck generally at looping, but throughout the game I literally see these survivors do NOTHING. I literally saw a Rank 4 Elodie just run in circles for 20 seconds during a match. I was on a gen and she was just... running in circles. I couldn't of been more than 10 feet away working solo on a gen. Then I see Michael chase her and he hits her--then literally runs him TO ME. Super helpful.
Just had a match recently where every time I saw Leon's aura, he was either standing idle, or going in/out of a locker. He didn't do any unhooks, didn't work on a gen, and the killer never once even hit him. I was in chase with the killer with 1 gen left, and I had 1 hit on me, and what's Leon doing? In a locker. The second I get downed I'm Mori'd, dead, and Leon comes out of his locker and gets hatch.
Like at first I thought it was maybe a coincidence, but I play with 2 other friends so its just us 3, and our random. Now we stick our NECKS out to try and save our random most of the time, but they've even noticed it as well that our random literally just does... NOTHING. Like the higher the rank, the less they do.
So is this how survivors rank up? Just play the shy/hide game? I ask because I genuinely don't know how these people are Rank 8 or 5, when they don't do a gen, cant loop a killer, and fail almost every skill check when they're healing--if they even decide to--or when on a gen--again, if they even decide to. They make what appear to be REALLY poor game decisions that usually result in a loss for ALL of us. Like running a Bubba 10 feet away from where I'm hooked, so instead of helping my friend safely rescue me by luring him away.
I really dont play survivor much, only like a day or so of climbing. But this is just too hard to ignore. No salt to any survivor mains, but is it really this easy for solo queue? Just get carried?
Comments
yes. playing like rats is how survivors rank up
All depends on the players in the match.
If you are all good at playing immersed you will have an easy time but cooperation is still required, so I hope you can find better teammates.
Just be aware that if the Killer knows how to counter immersed survivors the Killer may give your group no mercy and resort to tactics the survivors may not be pleased with playing against.
If you want to control the match and make it not enjoyable for the Killer please don't unjustly complain if the Killer flips the situation in their favor.
Nah I dont blame the killer in any of these instances, they were legit just playing how I'd expect them to. It's really just annoying to me when someone doesnt participate in advancement for trhe survivors. I'd rather have a bad teammate who is a clueless rank 20 than a rank 5 hiding in lockers all game.