My Spirit Build

When she released I fell in love with her. I admire her power and the ability to play very intense mind games with the survivors(thank you passive phasing)

So here's the Build

  • Whispers
  • Distressing
  • Noed
  • Ruin( I usually run Devour Hope, but whatever suits your fancy.
  1. Whispers is great for finding your prey in that large terror radius, and for finding late game stealth players.
  2. I included distressing in this build not just for bp, but because of her Husk. Say you injure a survivor, they flee, but they're still in your terror radius. Since the update, you can't hear the spirit while she's phasing if a survivor is in her husk's terror radius. This is big because it makes it a lot easier to actually get end phase hits. Pair this with her excellent mind games, and abuse it. Pallets, windows. Sometimes you can stand at a window or downed pallet and get a free hit on a survivor who thinks you've phased behind them, when actually you were admiring them while they jumped into your arms.
  3. Ruin keeps the game young(or at least the generators)
  4. Noed is obvious late game trump card.
  5. You can change it up however, but whispers and ruin go hand in hand. Stridor can be taken in place of NOED if you're having trouble getting phase walk hits in.

Thanks, hope you enjoy this build as much as I do, as this is my first public build
. I admire how insidious the Spirit can be, and to play her well you have to really tap into her ability to play mind games.

Comments

  • Spirit is so much fun. My Build is:

    Hex- Haunted Ground
    Hex- Huntress's Lullaby
    Monitor and Abuse
    Deerstalker

    HG pairs well with any Hex since you can use them as a baited traps, all while hopefully protecting your true totem. I like Lullaby since if lucky I can use it as a beacon to know where Survivors are. HG also has the added benefit of giving Survivors Exposed which can help me get one or two downs if I'm lucky.

    Monitor and Abuse lets me sneak up just a little better by reducing the terror radius, and since I primarily use the Haunting to ambush at gens it lets me get a few extra inches. And by extending my terror radius during a chase, I can also make some skittish Survivors scatter, or underestimate my distance.

    Deerstalker is more of a quality of life thing for me since I do tend to slug Survivors somewhat often and can lose them if I'm not careful.

  • Thanks for that. I'll give it a try soon if I can get a match lol. Haunted ground is one of my favorite hexes.

  • I've been running BBQ, Ruin, Make Your Choice and playing around with the fourth slot. NOED, Sloppy Butcher, just about anything can be good.

  • Must play with Distressing at some point.

    I'm tending to run: Whispers, Nurses' Calling, and Sloppy Butcher. Slot 4 depends on my mood: usually Rancor or NOED but, at the minute, Iron Grasp.

    Make Your Choice is ok on her. But, as with Pig, I usually get more use out using Whispers to get the approximate direction, heading that way, and waiting for Nurses' to proc.

    I don't have Hex: Ruin yet, unfortunately, but don't tend to have much luck with the hex perks anyway.

  • Has anyone tried using spys from the shadows? I'm trying to get it to tier 3 before I start using it. But since you can't use auras while phasing, I thought the loud noise indicator would be a good way to track people
  • @azazer said:
    Has anyone tried using spys from the shadows? I'm trying to get it to tier 3 before I start using it. But since you can't use auras while phasing, I thought the loud noise indicator would be a good way to track people

    Never, ever got any use out of Spies at all. TBH I'm not convinced it's even a working perk.

  • Eight said:

    @azazer said:
    Has anyone tried using spys from the shadows? I'm trying to get it to tier 3 before I start using it. But since you can't use auras while phasing, I thought the loud noise indicator would be a good way to track people

    Never, ever got any use out of Spies at all. TBH I'm not convinced it's even a working perk.

    I have. It sucks that tier 3 isn't a 100% thing though. But I've found a few that would have otherwise snuck by. One of those things that it's situational but when it works, it works well. Figured it would be good to locate non injured victim walking so as not to leave a trail
  • I don't have tier 3 yet on everything, I plan to p3 Spirit next (just p3'd Kate) but my build is Stridor, Make Your Choice, Sloppy Butcher/Ruin, and BBQ. IMO, Stridor is an absolute necessity on Spirit. It helps so much during phase walk. If the survivor doesn't have IW then they can't escape your phase walk. It also helps me to hear gasps and stuff of healthy survivors, so there's that. And because Spirit is a slow killer she is weak to IW like all slow killers, but Stridor counters IW. SB works well with Stridor because they are just injured longer, plus more blood, so they are easier to track. I've been using Ruin, and I like SB before the recent update but now that they nerfed heals SB might permanently replace Ruin and not just be for lower ranks anymore. MYC is good for Spirit like it is for Hag and Nurse because they can all return to the hook really fast. At her base phase walk, she can cover the 32 range in 4.5s, 0.5s shy of her base phase walk duration. This means as long as you don't phase walk away from hooks you can come back and usually get a free hook because they will be healing (and with SB you have more time to react to an unhook). I also find that it's good to slow the game, because even if the MYC guy runs and you don't find them they will play immersed for a short time at the very least. And BBQ because it's the best aura perk for killer, though I'd swap in Bitter Murmur now and then to mix it up (also if I plan to play a map like Game, it's too small for BBQ).

    I also want to experiment with Insidious on her, since you do a lot of tricks where you stop moving and stand still. I tested some things in KYF and found that you can get Insidious and then phase walk without breaking it. In fact, the husk gains Insidious while you phase walk so you can pull some nasty tricks with this, especially if you combo it with prayer beads for silent phase walking too. Insidious breaks the moment you come out of phase walk though, even if you stand still, but I think there is potential here.

  • I'm going to try distressing, stridor, BM or BBQ and enduring 
  • Rancor, Sloppy Butcher, Distressing
    The forth one is either Noed, Blood Warden