Let's change Autodidact

Recently, I've decided that the Survivor I play as determines what build I run (Cheryl = Solo Survivor | Claire = Anti-Totem | Chris = Team Medic), and I thought about using Autodidact in place of Botany Knowledge, because when you get stacks, you heal within seconds. Well, if you get skill checks. After completing 3 full heals, solo, without a single skill check, I quickly realized that Autodidact is solely based on luck, and if you're unlucky, you can get no use out of it. So, I came up with an idea to change it, based off of the yellow glyphs that came with the new Tome.


When performing a healing action on another Survivor without a medkit, a series of Skill Checks will appear. You start out with 3 / 4 / 5 Skill Checks, and each full heal you perform on a Survivor will give you a token. Each token grants one extra Skill Check, to a maximum of 8 / 9 / 10 (So 3 / 4 / 5 Tokens, similar to Autodidact's current token system). Each Skill Check you succeed will grant an instant 10% progression to healing, and failing a Skill Check will remove a token, and will cancel the remaining Skill Checks. Autodidact may only be used once per 60 / 50 / 40 seconds (to negate quickly healing an entire team in seconds).

Comments