Weird, annoying DBD PS5.... thing?

I’m not even sure if this is where I put this, as this might be a Sony issue.

I’ve got my PS5 set so that games download updates whenever they become available, either whenever I’ve got my console on, or whenever I have my PS5 in rest mode (no different to how I’ve done things with PS3, and PS4).

DBD PS5 is the ONLY game in my entire collection that WON’T automatically update. It’s rather irritating how often I go to boot DBD up only to be presented that the game needs an update, and THEN the system queues up the current available patch for DBD PS5. And then I have to wait, play something else, or go do something else.

No other game in my collection does this, only the PS5 version of DBD. I didn’t have this issue with DBD on PS4 either. On PS4 just like any other game, updates would download automatically in rest mode, or if I had the PS4 switched off, the moment it was switched on updates (if any) would be queued automatically (including DBD PS4).

Are any other PS5 players experiencing this same strange issue unique to DBD?

Comments