Bad Perk University: Mettle of Man Addendum
Hello class, as promised, here is my addendum post for Mettle of Man. For this post, I’ll be talking mostly about the aura reveal aspect of the perk and how you can make the most out of what’s mostly a horrible downside.
Before I talk about what to do with the aura reveal aspect of the perk, I want to talk a little more about how to get the most out of Mettle of Man. I mentioned bringing a sabo toolbox when pairing this perk with Saboteur and Breakout. However, the toolbox is primarily due to the synergy between Saboteur and Breakout, a synergy that doesn’t necessarily need Mettle of Man to work. So in other altruistic builds that don’t involve sabotaging hooks, I would actually recommend you bring a medkit instead, so you can be healed up more often. And not just any medkit, you’re going to want one with extra charge addons or a Purple Medkit so you can heal yourself up multiple times. Ok, so with that out of the way, let’s actually talk about how to work with the aura reveal portion of the perk.
Revealing your aura to the killer, like I said in my main post, is dangerous, but if you are a confident looper and understand how to run tiles, you can use this to your advantage, since the Killer is more likely to go after you and you can buy your teammates time to fix generators. If you want to really abuse the aura reveal mechanic, you’re going to have to go to some shady places. I’m talking about Object of Obsession. I’ll be honest, I absolutely hated the old Object of Obsession, since it basically gave you wallhacks against the killer as long as you weren’t in their terror radius. I’m shocked that not nearly enough players complained about the perk considering how game breaking and unfun the perk was, especially in a coordinated team. Now, the perk is mostly alright after its rework, I don’t see it very often so it’s difficult to form an opinion about it. However, it has a crazy synergy with Mettle of Man once you get the perk to proc and you heal up. Since Object of Obsession reveals both your aura and the Killer’s aura at the same time, and Mettle of Man reveals your aura when the Killer is 16m away, it’s as if you have the old Object of Obsession, but you also get to have faster repairing, healing and cleansing speeds. So yeah, if you’re confident in your ability to proc Mettle of Man and you really want to make sure the Killer doesn’t have fun, try this combo...why am I suggesting this?! The obvious problem with this synergy is that you have to proc Mettle of Man first to get the broken wallhacks, and you’ll lose it the moment you go down again. In the time it takes you to do this, you could have already been out of the match by then. But hey, if you really want to try something crazy and you don’t like playing the game conventionally anymore, give it a try.
And that’ll be all for Mettle of Man. My next post will probably cover another Killer perk, so keep an eye out for that. See you next class!
Comments