I feel like the balance of this game took a whole u-turn in the wrong direction

Balance is a touchy subject to go on as everyone has different opinions on things, so take this with a grain of salt from someone who cares about this game and wants to see it do better, as right now its not doing that at all


DBD’s balancing feels as if it has completely dropped the idea of fun in the dirt, and left it behind just so something can get stronger now…you don’t do that in a game you need to make it both fun and strong at the same time, yes fun is different for everyone but I don’t know a single soul who thinks being pelted by several knives is fun to deal with, especially when in some situations you can’t do anything about it


For examples, Freddy’s rework basically just took whatever freddy had that was fun and basically threw it all away, making him incredibly unfun and boring to face, while making him feel like he literally had 1 playstyle. Before this rework happened, freddy had multiple playstyles (do you want aura reading freddy? Make your TR low and use class photo or Paint Brush. Do you want jumpscare freddy? Make the sleep transition faster and use pill bottle, etc etc).

another example was with Legion, on release Legion was the definition of “your chase is on a timer and you cannot do anything about it” while still being bad, when they got reworked all they did was make them “I can’t even down you with my power and all I have is map info of those inside my heartbeat”, didn’t even fix the part where it wasn’t fun to do basically nothing for over 10 seconds just for it to probably happen again later, and M1 killers are not fun to face either


Trickster somehow did old legion as well basically, but he was somehow worse at it, he was basically “if you are behind a big wall I can’t do anything, but if its a low wall you can’t do anything but pray I can’t aim”…with his buff this wasn’t fixed at all and it just made it worse, I can probably predict he will just forget entirely about trickster and just get ‘reworked’ like legion and forgotten about for almost a whole year until getting a slightly getting a change.

I could go on all day about issues with dbd’s balance but this thread would get too long, so i’ll get to the conclusion

Now this one I wanna explain before seeing people immediately assume that I think these guys/gals are OP, no I think they are just incredibly annoying and all changes done to them just make them more annoying now, Trickster almost feels worse than before and Legion is good in the right hands, its just if they should work as fun to play, fun to face, and strong, not only one of these

Comments

  • Making an excessive amount of 1v1 killers will do that.

    I know they have to have variety in killer designs. But they focus way too much on chase oriented killers.

  • Yeah if they release one more “I have no map pressure but I win chase automatically” killer I might leave