If I encounter a hacker, should I just DC, or waste their time?
Currently in a match against a insta-healing Meg who hid behind a gate until EGC and is now glitched on a hook making the game unable to end. They messaged me and really want me to DC, so I dunno if I should just do it, or stay and waste their time since I ain't busy.
Already created a support ticket and reported the account that msged me.
Edit: I tabbed out and watched a friend stream, and they ended up DCing. Big pog.
Comments
Depends how much you value your time or if you have other things to do. They clearly want to waste your time/force you to dc to waste your time so the decision is ultimately up to you.
I would be worried that if I dc'ed in that situation that the hacker will jack-up the penalty and make it like 24+ hours somehow.
They can be the one to DC. It shouldn't fall on you to right their wrong.
BHVR might not waive the penalty, but I've gone against a hacker & went afk. The match ended 2 minutes later.
Thanks for the replies, I decided to watch a stream and stay in game, they ended up quitting, so I didn't get a penalty.
Sounds like they wanted you to quit so they didn't get the DC penalty for quitting