DC penalty should be more severe

Before I get into it ill definitely say I understand a DC if you have somewhere to go or the killer is trying to slug all 4 survivors to just watch them bleed out and be toxic. On the other hand I just recently started finishing up my last 20-25 achievements, mostly adepts for killer. I absolutely can’t stand being screwed of a merciless victory especially at rank 1. I play top tier survivors who you can basically only hit by winning 50/50s and outplaying simply because well...good survivors don’t make as many mistakes while looping as lower ranks tend too. This is getting infuriating in the aspect that people aren’t DC’ing because of bad or toxic gameplay but because their getting brutally outplayed. Im not trying to take shots at anyone but I play on Series X have a great setup etc etc, and its constantly these little devotion 1 trash can PC players that leave whenever they get wrecked which is about every game because I did adept billy atleast 25-30 times before I finally got it without someone DCing. Is their some kind of sense of entitlement on PC where you think it’s impossible to be outplayed so that when you are you just DC with no penalty. I think DCs should be automatic 2-3 day bans in all honesty because people are getting way to comfortable with “damn im being outplayed hopefully after this DC I get a braindead C tier killer so that I can enjoy myself”. It’s honestly funny because im constantly seeing this from the PC side not at all console gamers who usually take their ass beatings with pride instead of blaming the killer, map, or connection. Just my thoughts on the situation as survivor adepts are so easy someone whos never played dbd could probably get all of them in 3 hrs. Killer adepts though...make sure you take your calm pills and dont play at rank 1 with all the entitled devotion 1 PC elitest who think their nice at this game. In conclusion DC penalty needs to be seriously looked at because people are being denied rewards at the expense of others saltiness.

Comments

  • People are DCing because there is no DC penalty currently.

    The regular DC penalty when it's reinstated is fine as it is. First DC is 5 minutes, then it progressively ramps up after that, and the reset period is unknown (intentionally) but is more than 24 hours.

    Essentially, you get one "free" DC if you consider 5 minutes isn't too long to wait, anything after that is shooting yourself in the foot because there's no way that the timeout is worth the time saved by simply waiting out the game you're in.


    But they do need to be a bit more lenient on killer Adepts, considering you only need to survivor to get the survivor adepts.

    Something as simple as counting any DC as a full and complete 3-hook sacrifice for the emblems (but not necessarily BP) would be good. Or simply redoing adepts entirely and having any 4K (including DCs) count.

  • That’s more an issue with how strict adepts are tbh

  • Agreed. If you have a power cut or "have to go" then a longer ban wouldn't hurt as you wouldn't still be on the game.

    Would also like quitters matched with other quitters and only after so long get unmarked as one