When finding a bug.
The bug section says when you find a bug to close the game a do several things. Does that mean it is best to quit the game or finish the game then quit?
Tagged:
Mod
The bug section says when you find a bug to close the game a do several things. Does that mean it is best to quit the game or finish the game then quit?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Please do not quit the round you're in unless it's a game breaking bug obviously. What it means is that once you finish the round you're in, you exit the game normally and grab the logs that way.
It's just the good old unable to vault or drop a pallet while in a chase once in awhile. It's usually the end of the game for me anyway. I have a habit of not being caught until then when it's either risk being hooked and not saved or just let someone else bite it and have less options to get the gate open and people safe. The trouble has been I only play with a friend and we play late for him so it's bug report and quit early or ignore it and accept I'm just cursed.
Thank you for the reply.
Side note it doesn't seem to matter the survivor, perks or map and if my limited understanding is close I'd think its the difference of where each side thinks I am. My guess doesn't really hold much water though because it'll happen even if I've been standing there a few moments and I'm trying to drop the pallet when someone else has just run through it. I guess there are still some issues with latency and hit registration. I saw a Leon on Midwich step in a trap against a wall on the opposite side of the hallway when I used it to block the bottom of the steps. I should have saved the replay . . .
thanks again
I'd still recommend possibly creating bug reports for bugs you encounter with a description of how it happened in case you can't get logs - if you can get logs, that'd be wonderful obviously.
Next time it happens I'm telling myself I'll remember to save the instant replay and can provide everything possible. I don't like to only do part of a job. I've been saving more of them so I am more used to it so it becomes a reflex instead of an afterthought.